Auto Painting

xtrm302

Established Member
Can anyone recommend a reputable place in North Dallas to have their vehicle painted for a decent price? My 2000 Red Lightning could use a new shine. The truck has 0 body damage.

Thanks in Advance,
Chris

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
For a vehicle to have zero body damage... I assume it's been stored with no miles. I hear this all the time. To the untrained eye, it very well may have zero body damage. But in most cases they're dinged up one way or another. I'd drop the dough on a nice paint correction detail first. My cost a you 500 or so, but the outcome will be much better than a shitty low budget paint job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

chrisv_10

Established Member
If its just dull then a paint correction, like the guy before me said, would be all that's needed.

Sent on the toilet from my SGH-T679

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
For a vehicle to have zero body damage... I assume it's been stored with no miles. I hear this all the time. To the untrained eye, it very well may have zero body damage. But in most cases they're dinged up one way or another. I'd drop the dough on a nice paint correction detail first. My cost a you 500 or so, but the outcome will be much better than a shitty low budget paint job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

This. If the paint is just oxidizing or has swirls etc, you may not need a repaint, but just a quality correction.

A quality 90% correction of the entire vehicle including the application of a sealer and wax should be between 500-900 depending on the amount of work necessary to correct the paint.

Whereas a quality OEM type refinish will cost you in excess of $3000.00 and will likely end up coming in above $5000.00 in most cases.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Being red and in Texas, especially if it hasn't been stored indoors, the paint might be severely oxidized and faded; maybe the clear coat is toast. That is how my Cobra is. No amount of detailing will fix it.

Let's wait and see some pics from the OP.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread