Auto Loans....

DrZacharyus

Banned
l hope so too. I wish I could get my own 03/04, but Insurance and gas would rape me. I like more of the 96-01 range.

I was quoted $170, gas is great on 03/04 Cobras if you're out of boost!

Well that will help, and your cosigner will be KEY. Whats going to be fun is your insurance payments...cause if you have a lien you have to have full coverage.

The above quote was for FULL coverage and a $500 deductable with my current insurance company (Geico).

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
It really depends on the bank. We went through Wells Fargo just to keep it easy, and we jumped through hoops 3.5 years ago. Even after Will paid off his Camaro with them, and had a good credit score with good history, they still made him get a cosigner on the truck, and that was last April. Guess there's a reason WF isn't getting bailed out.

Sonicblue8093

[]D [] []V[] []D
Established Member
Damn, I always thought you had to be 18 to get a C.C.

They have those ones now for families or something, someone was telling me about it that came into my lot, he had one for his son of 16, helps him get credit or something.

As for the 170 a month for INS on full coverage 03/04 cobra on a 18 year old....either they made a mistake or ....thats all i can think of.
My mom has been an insurance agent for 31 years and I have been in the car business a while...never have I seen that. I had my 1st cobra at 20 and my insurance through my moms company with 15% multi policy disc. was 310 a month.

*Disclaimer- Please do not think I think you are lieing, I don't. Its just hard for me to believe the quote is accurate.

Last edited:

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
It may be better to wait until your credit score comes back up a little before purchasing the car. I work at a powersports dealership, with our banks around here, they typically won't even consider someone with a 650 or below without a co-signor. I would definitely save up as much cash as you can because the banks are wanting to see more and more down. Each person is different though, some people need a co, while others end up getting approved full boat. Just depends upon the situation. It may be a little easier to get a loan for a car instead of a motorcycle or ATV though.

DrZacharyus

Banned
They have those ones now for families or something, someone was telling me about it that came into my lot, he had one for his son of 16, helps him get credit or something.

As for the 170 a month for INS on full coverage 03/04 cobra on a 18 year old....either they made a mistake or ....thats all i can think of.
My mom has been an insurance agent for 31 years and I have been in the car business a while...never have I seen that. I had my 1st cobra at 20 and my insurance through my moms company with 15% multi policy disc. was 310 a month.

*Disclaimer- Please do not think I think you are lieing, I don't. Its just hard for me to believe the quote is accurate.
Yeah, that was an online quote. I was pricing a Terminator and a Mach to see which one came out better. The Mach was about 20 chepear a month @ $150. Hopefully they didn't! :smmon:
It may be better to wait until your credit score comes back up a little before purchasing the car. I work at a powersports dealership, with our banks around here, they typically won't even consider someone with a 650 or below without a co-signor. I would definitely save up as much cash as you can because the banks are wanting to see more and more down. Each person is different though, some people need a co, while others end up getting approved full boat. Just depends upon the situation. It may be a little easier to get a loan for a car instead of a motorcycle or ATV though.

Yeah, I was told that the way you present yourself also has a lot to do with your approval. I am very clean-cut and dress up business casual everyday for work. I am thinking my best option is to ride out my lease until the month of June, but I am thinking to start applying once my score goes up to 650+.

I appreciate everyones help, I keep forgetting this isn't SD :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread