Auto in a Termi?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
PA or art carr C4... that's what I was going do to... PA with the rebuild plan every winter!!!

ur going to pull the trans every winter and ship it for a rebuld? why? it sould last 2-3 years unless your running some insane 1k+hp and at the track every weekend.

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
ur going to pull the trans every winter and ship it for a rebuld? why? it sould last 2-3 years unless your running some insane 1k+hp and at the track every weekend.

at the time I was going to run it REALLY hard... and it's free for the rebuild!!!

but that was a while ago...

now I would just go with a well built c4 and a nice 4000 stall on the brake

I am all for making sure it doesn't break on the track since I would drive it there and back and its a few hours from here... but, in my experiance when stuff breaks it breaks other shit too for me...

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
at the time I was going to run it REALLY hard... and it's free for the rebuild!!!

but that was a while ago...

now I would just go with a well built c4 and a nice 4000 stall on the brake

I am all for making sure it doesn't break on the track since I would drive it there and back and its a few hours from here... but, in my experiance when stuff breaks it breaks other shit too for me...

yea it has a "lifetime warranty"....they fix it if it breaks...something isnt right if they will just rebuildit for free even if its good working order.

Vsix

Established Member
PA is the way to go... Art Carr's from what I have been told have gone down hill

PA trannys are good i had one in my 91 Notch :banana: I'm looking for info on what parts to use bellhousing,flexplate,crossmember,driveshaft length and what shifter fits in our consoles :beer:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
PA trannys are good i had one in my 91 Notch :banana: I'm looking for info on what parts to use bellhousing,flexplate,crossmember,driveshaft length and what shifter fits in our consoles :beer:

well most of the time when you get one from a builder, itll come with the sfi bell. I used the JW fleplate for Mod motors for the 4r AND c4. crossmember is a t-56 crossmember and you just have to drill an additional hole in the mounting area. all I did for the driveshaft was get a fox body one from Ford.. shifters are tough...do you want it in the stock location or are you willing to do the console cutting mod? most put the shifter where the front cup holder is. I dont like that.

ModularFan

Established Member
I am sorry I cannot justify driving a sports car auto, whats the fun in running consistent times. wheres the fun in that, you don't even have to really try either.

Vsix

Established Member
I am sorry I cannot justify driving a sports car auto, whats the fun in running consistent times. wheres the fun in that, you don't even have to really try either.

These are NO sports cars in my eyes :nono: You'll NEVER catch a newer Viper or Vette topend if you can't use 5th & 6th gear WOT :fm: As far as braking and handling please don't get me started its a MUSTANG :mj: If you really want a sports car built by Ford then buy the FORD GT :rockon:

When look at my 04 Cobra i see the PERFECT platform for 1/4 mile BEAST that you can drive and makes TONS of POWER with... Hooks hard and still comfy too :beer:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member

ask every 700+hp owner that went ot an auto. yes more consistant...its also faster, more reliable. there is a line og power...when you cross it, an auto becomes more efficient and takes over. imo its about 650-700hp.

ModularFan

Established Member
ask every 700+hp owner that went ot an auto. yes more consistant...its also faster, more reliable. there is a line og power...when you cross it, an auto becomes more efficient and takes over. imo its about 650-700hp.

If I were to go Auto, Id much rather get a Reverse Valve Body in all honesty, at least you can still shift clutchless. subaru's do the same thing with their PPG.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
If I were to go Auto, Id much rather get a Reverse Valve Body in all honesty, at least you can still shift clutchless. subaru's do the same thing with their PPG.

most people do get manual vb....doesnt have to be revers in a 4r either.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
c4 in mine and love it, nothing wrong with a auto...you still have to change gears, just without the clucth. its way more consistant at the track...and the car just feels faster

Users who are viewing this thread