Auto Eaton/Cobra Longblock 2003 Mach 1 FS

1979rs/z28

Established Member
Times are changing for me and along with school full time I need to part with my Mach 1. I rarely drive it any more and with it sitting outdoors not moving the elements will continue to take their toll.

NO it isn't perfect not even close but is a fun driver that you can take to the track run Low 11's and drive home with the AC on. Car has been 11.41@124 on a 1.8 60' it is very strong. Body does have dings, rock chips, scratches as it was a Daily Driver. Hood was repainted and has a couple small runs on the back corner that are not very visible. Cruise and AC works and car runs and drives great. Interior is in good shape with no rips or tears in the seats.

Details:

Body has 146k miles
Engine 80k
Transmission 55k

Engine:
Removed from 2004 Cobra (9 thread heads) I have the vin plate and pictures to prove. No head tick
-Steeda airbox on stock Cobra intake elbow
-Ported stage V steggy Blower, ported elbow and tb. 2.76 upper stock lower
-Motoblue idlers and snub pulley, new dayco belts
-Longtube Mac headers FRPP gaskets/ o/r prochamber
-Mac 3'' catback with flowmaster 40's welded in
-Canton Supercharger coolant reservoir
-New oil pan gasket, rear main seal o2 sensors, and alternator
-All brackets and accessories and stock heat exchanger were installed from the Cobra

Transmission/Rear:
Car has had 3 in it since I owned it, the first was the original with 140k, second was a 90k mile unit from LKQ that had bad intermediate clutches now a 55k unit removed from a 04 Mach 1 4r75W
(correct parameters changed so speedo works correctly with it)
-Stock stall converter from the 04 Mach1, actually works and shifts great
-New transmission mount, filter and seals on the input/output shaft
-PA Racing Flexplate with ARP bolts
-Lokar trans dipstick (stock one is very hard to get to with the blower)
-Stock 3.55 Gears with Carbon Cobra Rebuild kit

Suspension:
-UPR solid lowers and adjustable rod end uppers (can be slightly noisy at times)
-Strange 10 way adjustable rear shocks
-SR camber caster plates
-Stock springs with half coil cut
-New lower control arms and ball joints
-Poly Steering Rack bushings
Electronics and Fuel system:
-SCT xcal 3 and SCT pro racer package, self tuned with base tune and help from Don Lasota safe 11.5 AFR
-KB 40 amp BAP/Hotwire with stock Cobra dual pumps
-Diablosport MAFia
-Stock 39Lb Cobra injectors

17x9 Stock Mach wheels front and 17x10 AFS Replicas rear
Nitto 275/40/17 fronts and Mickey Thompson street comp 315/35/17 rear

Car will need a new sensor on the wideband (dynojet) as it works when it wants too now that I don't drive it much
ABS light comes on and off when it feels, like every other mustang those years now.
I took the fog lights off as both lenses were leaking and kept blowing bulbs

CCABA595-E8AF-4600-A136-32CF1DD51D63_zpsj96bsrki.jpg

33ABC160-E8A7-4A2F-8926-293E04B449D9_zpsoav6wkdn.jpg

Has small canton heat exchanger reservoir as the mach 1 hood wouldn't fit over that large one

25A5337B-1E04-4158-99C6-EB7E58BCB32E_zpsicfjqlrf.jpg

BA3FE09B-7578-4220-9AB7-69A51266E274_zps8d0xlcyi.jpg

Last edited:

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
This is a great deal for this car and if I had the funds I would already have this car. Jamie just ignore the people that are throwing out ridiculous low ball offers too because the car is well worth what you're asking!!!!!!! I still think we need to pull the drivetrain and sell the car as a roller and throw the drivetrain in a four eye FOX. DO WORK SON

Users who are viewing this thread