Auto Butler?

Jmurrz

Established Member
Hey guys, I am very new to this section and just wanted to run something by you all. With my last car, I did the pretty simple wash, wax, spray wax at shows, and repeat. That was all well and good because the Mineral Gray did not show swirls or dirt. That all changed when I bought my new black cobra, and although the car was well taken care of, the paint is swirled. With my last car I sent it though the "Auto Butler" an automated compound/wax system and it looked amazing when it was all done. I ran my dad's car through a few weeks ago and it came out beautifully.

My question to you all is : Will this damage the paint? We run 100k+ cars though it regularly and they all look great with no swirls or blemishes so I have some confidence with it. I am just worried that I may do damage to the black paint. Here are some pictures:
2E30ACFE-5D8C-491E-9E8B-F75051840334_zpsbmbktfkz.jpg

AFEBA91D-4945-4B15-8E9B-0762C847DFEA_zpsiug3ylif.jpg

E80ED0D3-1D6A-4A99-B4B8-37CB1ED4CECC_zpsrocrodrl.jpg
[/URL]

Zemedici

Established Member
Anything that touches paint will swirl It. It's just how it works. That being said, the lighter color cars don't show the swirls like a black car will, but if you put the GT500 under the right light you'll see the swirls left from that big thingy.

So as much as it sucks, stick to handwashing w/ the two bucket method with a quality wool mitt and grit guard, quality wax and/or sealant. Best way to treat paint is prevent the issues in the first place. Make sense?

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Anything that touches paint will swirl It. It's just how it works. That being said, the lighter color cars don't show the swirls like a black car will, but if you put the GT500 under the right light you'll see the swirls left from that big thingy.

So as much as it sucks, stick to handwashing w/ the two bucket method with a quality wool mitt and grit guard, quality wax and/or sealant. Best way to treat paint is prevent the issues in the first place. Make sense?

We call those machines "swirlomatics" - At any rate. 2BM or GDWM - which I prefer. If you have the equipment start with a foam gun before you go to one of the other 2 wash methods.

Jmurrz

Established Member

We call those machines "swirlomatics" - At any rate. 2BM or GDWM - which I prefer. If you have the equipment start with a foam gun before you go to one of the other 2 wash methods.

Thanks guys, I will stay away from it! I guess looks can be deceiving. What do you guys recommend as far as products go? I am leaning towards Adam's Polishes, any word on that?

Jmurrz

Established Member
Adams is a decent product, as is meguiars, and 3m. Menzerna is good as well.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...tion-101-the-(semi)-complete-thread-for-Noobs

go crazy!

( I cringed at the Grabber Blue going under that swirl machine )

Thanks! I started to read your thread a while ago Matt. It isn't that bad guys, lol. I wouldn't be running any car through if it was going to come out worse than it went in. Believe it or not, it looks like it has taken about 95% of the swirls out. I made sure to thoroughly wash and dry before I put it in the machine, the brushes are super soft microfiber-style fingers, and the wax is applied wet before the fingers start spinning. Its not like it was sandpaper lol

Users who are viewing this thread