Auto-Blip

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Has anyone ran the Auto-Blip system on any of your cars?

I just ordered one for my ACR after watching this video, I'm sold.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
They probably can be set up for either or. Probably what the delay setting is for.

Holy crap, that's so cool!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They probably can be set up for either or. Probably what the delay setting is for.

Holy crap, that's so cool!

I spoke to the guy who took the above video, he sold me on it. He had been racing cars for 15 years or so on the same track. He installed the Auto-Blip and took 2.5 seconds off his best lap time on the first day (same car, set up, etc). He said the track was just under 2.3 miles. That's crazy! $350 for 2.5 seconds is unheard of.

This is awesome! I wonder if this function could be tuned/written into your ECU?

I do not believe so. It has to be spliced in and stays in the vehicle.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I spoke to the guy who took the above video, he sold me on it. He had been racing cars for 15 years or so on the same track. He installed the Auto-Blip and took 2.5 seconds off his best lap time on the first day (same car, set up, etc). He said the track was just under 2.3 miles. That's crazy! $350 for 2.5 seconds is unheard of.

I do not believe so. It has to be spliced in and stays in the vehicle.
Agreed, thats unreal in road racing.

Meant either or between the clutch switch and the cruise cancel switch if equipped with cruise.

Sent from my banana using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blk02edge

Established Member
Ive played with it in my buddies new Type-R (factory auto blip) and its flawless, just cant help but feel like a bit of a tool by not doing it manually. Heel-toe isnt hard if your pedals are set up right

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Ive played with it in my buddies new Type-R (factory auto blip) and its flawless, just cant help but feel like a bit of a tool by not doing it manually. Heel-toe isnt hard if your pedals are set up right

The pedals aren't the best on S197s, but I also have Fred Flintstone feet.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
I was wondering if there'd be a way to make this work on the cable operated throttle cars by using the cruise control module...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Op likes bump stocks too!

Why not stick with the old fashion way?

I once heard a wise guy say “real racers dont have blip ;)“...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Op likes bump stocks too!

Why not stick with the old fashion way?

I once heard a wise guy say “real racers dont have blip ;)“...

With size 13 shoes, and the abnormally large transmission tunnel in the Viper, there's not a whole lot of room to move my feet haha I do a decent job with it, but if I can go faster for $350, I'm all over it.

If I could convert my car to a 7 or 8 speed DCT for $350, I'd be all over that too.

I wonder when cars started having power steering and brakes if they were criticized by the guys that didn't have them? lol

Blown 89

Established Member
I want to tell you to man up and learn to heel toe but I can't heel toe my wagon because the footwell is too small. Like you I have a 13" shoe and the infamous GM tunnel bump prevents me from doing it safely.

$350 is cheap so I don't see a downside to trying. Report back with your findings.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I want to tell you to man up and learn to heel toe but I can't heel toe my wagon because the footwell is too small. Like you I have a 13" shoe and the infamous GM tunnel bump prevents me from doing it safely.

$350 is cheap so I don't see a downside to trying. Report back with your findings.

lol I gave people hell for it...then I drove a Porsche that had it from the factory and loved it.

I'll make a thread once I get it installed and give it a go.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
With size 13 shoes, and the abnormally large transmission tunnel in the Viper, there's not a whole lot of room to move my feet haha I do a decent job with it, but if I can go faster for $350, I'm all over it.

If I could convert my car to a 7 or 8 speed DCT for $350, I'd be all over that too.

I wonder when cars started having power steering and brakes if they were criticized by the guys that didn't have them? lol

All good man... just giving you a ribbin..

Users who are viewing this thread