Austin TX - Looking for furnished temporary accomodations!

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Hey all,

My wife and I are moving to Austin in 2 weeks. I recently got a job with TxDOT. We will be driving down with just the basics so looking for something fully furnished etc. With 1 or 2 bedrooms. Nice apartment or home.

Budget = up to $1500/month all in - Month to month or 3 month lease.

This will allow us to get to know the area and find out where we want to Buy.

If anyone knows of any sources other than complexes for students etc. That would be great. Even looking after a home would be great. Have been searching Craigslist but always seem to have good luck through word of mouth.

Cheers

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Here is some apartments that are next door to me. The good thing about living in this particular area is that you can be anywhere in austin in less than 30 min.
Gables Westlake - FREE Move - Austin Apartments

There are several intown that have furnished living quarters but it may be in your best interest to consult with a apartment locator. I'm sure they have the skinny on exactly what you may be looking for..I used this agency when I first moved here....
Austin Apartments in Austin Texas

-Chris

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
Congrats on the new job, i worked for txdot for a while before i started school, they will treat you well. I moved to Texas 11 years ago from near Belleville which isnt too far from Toronto and it was a great experience, moving to Austin for school in august but dont know the area well enough to help much, ill be helping a friend move there next weekend though so if you need me to check anything out i can, take pics or whatever.

good luck.
Kenny

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Here is some apartments that are next door to me. The good thing about living in this particular area is that you can be anywhere in austin in less than 30 min.
Gables Westlake - FREE Move - Austin Apartments

There are several intown that have furnished living quarters but it may be in your best interest to consult with a apartment locator. I'm sure they have the skinny on exactly what you may be looking for..I used this agency when I first moved here....
Austin Apartments in Austin Texas

-Chris

Cool, did you have good luck with them? Like the service?

What part of town will you be working in?

Riverside Dr. E. (West side of 290)

Congrats on the new job, i worked for txdot for a while before i started school, they will treat you well. I moved to Texas 11 years ago from near Belleville which isnt too far from Toronto and it was a great experience, moving to Austin for school in august but dont know the area well enough to help much, ill be helping a friend move there next weekend though so if you need me to check anything out i can, take pics or whatever.

good luck.
Kenny

Cool, yea I am from Peterborough, I know Belleville well.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Do you know the hours of the shift you will be working? You can get away with living further out if you work non-standard hours. If you will be starting work at 8am, traffic will be bad no matter where you live.

Lots of state agencies offer flex schedules. I work 4 10 hours day from 6am-4:30pm which is fantasic as there's no traffic in the morning :)

And like Wiggin (Chris) above said, Gabbles are a nice place to live.

Last edited:

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
I just found a very nice home in Hudson Bend near Lake Travis where I can finish some reno work to save on Rent! Is it worth living 30 minutes out of the city for? I am sure I could change my shift work to avoid traffic.

It's month to month and everything is included. Much rather a home in a nice area with some room to breathe VS a little apartment downtown I think..

Thoughts?!

Last edited:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I just found a very nice home in Hudson Bend near Lake Travis where I can finish some reno work to save on Rent! Is it worth living 30 minutes out of the city for? I am sure I could change my shift work to avoid traffic.

It's month to month and everything is included. Much rather a home in a nice area with some room to breathe VS a little apartment downtown I think..

Thoughts?!

That's off 620 right? To get from there to Riverside during traffic will be a long trip, especially rush hours (7-9am, 4-6pm). However, 620 is a nice area and scenic. Some nice restaurants and shops in that area.

Whatever you do though, don't get someplace where you commute on I-35. It's nasty. I did it for 2 years before moving in closer to the city. The sheer amount of traffic and semi trailers on I-35 is just nuts.

Last edited:

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Yes 620 to Market Rd 2222 then on TX-1 for 4 mi. (no I-35). 23 mile Trip.

I rather drive further in less traffic then to be closer in more... Especially if the scenery is nice :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread