Audio

Ltnstrk

Established Member
Im looking to put some subs into my truck. I was wondering where I could get a custom box from. Also I would like to know if I should go for 1 12" or 2 tens what do you guys think. I would appreciate any feedback thanks.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
i went to a stereo shop and got a custom box made with fiberglass over it to make it look real smooth. had two 12's in it. ended up taking it out cause of teh weight cause i raced almost every weekend at the track back then. now i dont have it in the truck and am gonna build a bigger better system. just gotta cut down my passenger seat first and im not going with an expy counsel. ill be designing a sub box to go in the middle and also be an arm rest and will be running a 15. i love low bass thats why im going with a 15.

truckin

Established Member
on the subs the bigger the sub lower (deeper) the bass. a 12 would do good. you can go to any stereo shop they should be able to build a box for cheap. i just finished making a bos for a buddied truck real easy and basic. i dont have a sub in mine another buddy had a 12 with a box behind the passenger side and the amp behind the drivers side.

lightningonbags

Established Member
I have a box for 2 12's if your interested and you dont need to wait to have one built. We could work out a deal with speakers amp and cap also if your interested. Im working on f-glassing the whole rear section so I won't be using this box anymore.
[IMG /IMG]

Last edited:

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
an arm rest and will be running a 15. i love low bass thats why im going with a 15.

If you do the measurements, there is no room for a 15 between the seats. You can put 2 12's there. Or a 13 that JL makes.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
MMCustomworks said:
If you do the measurements, there is no room for a 15 between the seats. You can put 2 12's there. Or a 13 that JL makes.
i will make it work.. dont worry, ill have pics up eventually once i start the project

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
i went with 4 10's and made the box myself out of 3/4"mdf. i would imagine most places that sell the stereo's probably have installers that know how to work with fiberglass and mdf and would make a custom box for you.

patch

Established Member
MTX Thunder Form they match the interior and come loaded or unloaded check ebay they are somewhat hard to find anywhere else.

00LightningGSXR

Established Member
You should be able to get a custom box made from any respectable stereo shop where you live. I am still waiting for the temp to warm up some before I get back to work on my custom box. I have built a great deal of it, back and sides and have created my template for the face. It is all fiberglass (except for the speaker mounting rings which are MDF), but I think i'm going to wait and build a custom console (like the Expy Console) into it before I begin on the face.

Forgot to mention I'm running 2 Kicker Solobaric (L7) 12's. :beer:

Last edited:

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
I would say one 12" sub so you still have a little room back there. Thats what I did and it sounds great.:-D Just make sure you spend the money and get a good quality sub. :poke: not a sony, kenwood.

Here is apic of my setup, I'm running a Eclipse alum. 12" sub.

Picture+055.jpg

Picture+056.jpg

Ltnstrk

Established Member
Hey Thanks alot I really appreciate all of the insite. Im thinking maybe one 12 and that should cut it. What brand sub. amp would you guys suggest? Thanks

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
I would suggest an Eclipse 12" mine cost about $250 but it is def. worth it. When you buy a sub just get a good quality one like JL, Excelion etc. Who ever you buy your stuff from should be able to help you out. Just don't go to Best Buy or Cuircit City to get your stuff do to the fact that they don't have any high quality stuff. Instead go to a audio store.

Fordracerx

Established Member
Mtx Thunderform @ Crutchfield.com. Mine will be here today, just ordered Saturday. Ebay has them w/subs, Crutchfield with out subs & free shipping. Hope this helps.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
viewthread.php

Go with 4 12's. If your near the PHX area this box and a 8004 RF amp are for sale for $1000.

redz_02

Established Member
can you install it on your own, little reading and it's done. I have put about 8 systems in cars 3 of mine included. Last one was my 02 z28, focal k2 6 1/2 comps, focal 6 1/2 mid subs, kicker L7 12, pioneer premier head unit, 1 farad cap, orion xtr1000.1 pro, orion xtr 800.2 . all 0 guage wire and everything for a little over a grand. System would have cost me 3000 at a shop. Just do a search on whole sale car audio and you'll find some pretty good sites. Currently mine is pretty weak but i'm satisfied. Diamond hex's in the front, with an 800 dvc bazooka, and a 500 watt d class rf amp much better than stock. How much bass are you looking for, good sound or ear sucking mirror shakeing bass. Mine doesn't compare to my past setups but I like it, plenty of bass. Are you looking to do a full setup or just a sub. If so you'll need a speaker level inputs to work with your stock stereo. There are wholesale distributors on Ebay also, pretty good prices, some even hold warranties.

Last edited:

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
Here was my set up...took it out because of selling. It sounded good while it was in there, could have been a whole hell of a lot louder though. They are 2 8" Kicker L7 with a 1200w remote control Kenwood amp. I made the boxes myself and had my wife help with the wrapping them in black leather, i am not great at sowing...

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

SoSlow

Holy Smokes!
Established Member
MMCustomworks said:

You don't know crap about these trucks.

I have two 12's behind the seats. The stereo shop built some boxes for them with the amp sitting bewteen them.

Users who are viewing this thread