Audio thread for 11+ mustangs?

mikestoyz

Established Member
Hope I didn't miss it, but I'm interested what you guys have done to improve the sound. I have the base system and I can't take it. I couldn't find any wiring schematics to add an amp, anyone have any or know if the base system uses an external amp like the shaker systems?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Hope I didn't miss it, but I'm interested what you guys have done to improve the sound. I have the base system and I can't take it. I couldn't find any wiring schematics to add an amp, anyone have any or know if the base system uses an external amp like the shaker systems?

Put a decent exhaust system in there and you won't use the radio. :bash:

Mike

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
originally i converted the factory output to rca with a higher end line convertor but it just wasnt good enough so i went all aftermarket. if you insist on using the stock radio look at jl audios line convertor/processor. go to page two and youll see the double din install kit which is what i recommend then put a 6.5 and tweet in the factory 6x8 location, seal the door with dynamat, put a good 4 channel amp in to power them and a sub and your done

five0three

big deal
Established Member
originally i converted the factory output to rca with a higher end line convertor but it just wasnt good enough so i went all aftermarket. if you insist on using the stock radio look at jl audios line convertor/processor. go to page two and youll see the double din install kit which is what i recommend then put a 6.5 and tweet in the factory 6x8 location, seal the door with dynamat, put a good 4 channel amp in to power them and a sub and your done

+1 for the jl cleensweep...

acrbill

Established Member
Scosche seems to have finally released their dash kit so that may be a route to consider.

$300 on top of a navi headunit may be expensive but the factory stuff is pretty hopeless.

alex12gt

Established Member
what you could try for now instead of adding an amp just swap the speakers you will clear up the highs and mids alot

snkchmr 1

I did the Kicker upgrade to my base & its great.
From my sources & let’s just say they are pretty good. They will be offering this system now without the Shelby name attached.

mikestoyz

Established Member
Is their anyway to get bass out of speakers and keep the stock dash?

Im just going to tap the rear speakers and run it into a amp to my subwoofer. You could easily get a nice setup for $300 that would greatly add a ton to the overall sound quality.

In my last vehicle if I cut the subwoofer off, it was amazing how even the highs sounded to be diminished....but with the sub it sounded fantastic. Fortunately I pulled my amp and sub out at the dealership yesterday, so I just need to get some wire, fuses and hook it up.

GabeMarlin

V8/RWD Fanatic
Established Member
I did the Kicker upgrade to my base & its great.
From my sources & let’s just say they are pretty good. They will be offering this system now without the Shelby name attached.

Do you know when this might be released? I'm guessing it will be cheaper as well without Shelby on it. Have been wanting that system since it came out, due to it's excellent integration into the stock stuff. IMO unless you have tons of sound deadening and listen only to cd's, any better quality components would be a waste of money. Even with the stock system, I can hear the imperfection in .mp3's.

Users who are viewing this thread