Audio System Completed, Car Wrecked

ilovespeed

Established Member
Soooo....I just completed the system last week and then proceeded to wreck the car yesterday. Anyway, I really like the system so I thought I'd share.

HeadUnit: Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD
Front Speakers: Infinity 6820cs Components
Rear Speakers: Infinity Reference 6822CF
Speaker Amplifier: Alpine MRP-F250
Subwoofer: Alpine SWR-1042D
Sub Amplifier: Alpine MRP-M500
Enclosure: Custom Mustang box off Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Ford-Mustang-94-04-Subwoofer-Sub-Box-Enclosure-2-10-/250620384241?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5a2393f1)

I ended up mounting both amps on the back the seats to provide a cleaner look. Everything sounded very clean and crisp, and I had no complaints about any of the equipment. I did put sound deadening material on the back of the license plate, though.

img20100820204712.jpg

img20100808102522.jpg

img20100808102440.jpg

img20110422161334.jpg

img20110422161243.jpg

Last edited:

mustanginky

Established Member
sucks about the wreck man that's terrible. system looks good. i looked at that box but it doesn't work with the mach 460 amp rack. if it did i'd buy it up today. anyone know of one which does work with the amp rack?

ilovespeed

Established Member
did you clean up those wires any?

Yeah, I had to, it bothered me the way it was. I mounted the sub amp on the back of the other seat instead of the box. I also loomed everything up, so it was much cleaner. Don't have a pic though.

sucks about the wreck man that's terrible. system looks good. i looked at that box but it doesn't work with the mach 460 amp rack. if it did i'd buy it up today. anyone know of one which does work with the amp rack?

Yeah, the box I bought allowed you to keep the racks. Here's the buyer I bought the box from. I had them do 1-10" cutout.

Ford Mustang 94-04 Subwoofer Sub Box Enclosure 2 10" | eBay

Last edited:

GTIZZL

Established Member
I put that same deck in my car about 2 weeks ago.. I like it alot! Your whole system seems very similar to what I am doing. Same box and everything, except mine will have 2 tens..

Your system looks good.. Too bad about the wreck though. Hope it will be fixed!

chitowncobra

Established Member
sorry to here about your accident, that sucks, i feel your pain!! i've been there!! nice audio system you have!! hope everything works out for you!!:):)

Evan5469

Established Member
That's a shame to hear about your accident, especially after doing some mods. Hope you get it back to as good as new though so you can enjoy it again :thumbsup:.

Since you seem to be an audiophile, you may be able to give me a little advice. I have Alpine type - s speakers and tweeters in the doors and in the rear. They're wired correctly, yet only the 5x9's work. :shrug:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
What is in the rear seat that will hold an amp with screws? Any better place to mount one without a sub box to use?

ilovespeed

Established Member
Sucks to hear about the wreck. At least your okay. Any pics of the car after the wreck?

I hit the concrete median with the front, right part of the car, so it had extensive damage(bumper was ripped off, along with all lights, intercooler, bent hood, fenders, wheels, blown tires, etc). Somehow the pic got deleted. I doubt it will be repaired, I hope they just total it out.

img20110514195423.jpg

img20110514195615.jpg

What is in the rear seat that will hold an amp with screws? Any better place to mount one without a sub box to use?

The back of the seats have some kind of cardboard material or similar. It's very safe to mount them on the back of the seats; all my system were mounted the same way with no issue. In fact; after the crash, the sub enclosure, which was bolted to the floor was upside down while the amps didn't move an inch. Go figure :)

Satyr

Established Member
I hit the concrete median with the front, right part of the car, so it had extensive damage(bumper was ripped off, along with all lights, intercooler, bent hood, fenders, wheels, blown tires, etc). Somehow the pic got deleted. I doubt it will be repaired, I hope they just total it out.

img20110514195423.jpg

img20110514195615.jpg

The back of the seats have some kind of cardboard material or similar. It's very safe to mount them on the back of the seats; all my system were mounted the same way with no issue. In fact; after the crash, the sub enclosure, which was bolted to the floor was upside down while the amps didn't move an inch. Go figure :)

Sorry to hear about the crash...that really sucks.
Probably sounded good for the short while you had the system going, though.

Users who are viewing this thread