Audio question

SVT1996Cobra

Established Member
hello, i just replaced the headunit in my L with a Pioneer DEH-7550MP and now i wanna replace the speakers. I bought a component system for the doors and 3-way pioneers for the rear. My question concerns the component system. Can i wire the crossovers into the factory harness that went to the speaker or do i need to run the crossover wires to the headunit? If i need to run them to the headunit, how would i connect it? splice into the front left/right wires or use RCA cables? i'm fairly new to the car audio thing, more into performance......

thanks in advance,
Jason

:read:

94jeff

Established Member
If you are not using an amp you can use the factory speaker wires. The crossovers in my system were too big to fit inside of the door so I had to mount them on the sides under the kick panels.Good luck with your project.
Jeff

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have Infinity Kappas from and rear. Alpine Type R 12 in the back with a Crossfire 600D amp. It works for me and sounds great

Jesse

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
if you arent using an external amp to power your component set and just using the amp on the headunit, you can wire the front outs with the factory wiring to the x-over. if you have a seperate amp to push the components, use the wire that came with the x-over.

Users who are viewing this thread