Audio help..

Panic661

Established Member
I'm picking up strong radio interference through my pc headset. When I say strong I mean..the station is coming in crystal clear. I've tried different power outlets, surge protectors, unplugging devices from my computer, and bought some ferrite cores and wrapped my cables in those.

Anyone know of any other solution, aside from moving to fix this?

Rex Racer

Established Member
Do you happen to have another audio source like an MP3 player to use with your headset?

I can see RF interference happening with unbalanced audio connections and no shield. Ferrite cores may help depending on the frequency of the radio station and how it interacts with the overall circuit to create a filter.

Panic661

Established Member
Do you happen to have another audio source like an MP3 player to use with your headset?

I can see RF interference happening with unbalanced audio connections and no shield. Ferrite cores may help depending on the frequency of the radio station and how it interacts with the overall circuit to create a filter.

I actually just plugged my headset into a laptop (while the laptop was plugged into the wall) and I had 0 issues. So I'm wondering if it's something inside my pc?

MysticRob

Established Member

Interesting problem. OP, is it a religious station? If so, stop masturbating and it'll go away. LOLz

I'd never heard of this issue, but obviously it's what the speakers are plugged into. In OP's case, his PC, and not his laptop. Does it still occur with your internet backhaul disconnected? If not, the signals are ingressing via your co-ax cable or phone lines (DSL). Otherwise, it sounds like the house wiring is the issue. If the issue continues try swapping a new audio card in the PC. If it doesn't help, you can always return the new card.

Panic661

Established Member
Interesting problem. OP, is it a religious station? If so, stop masturbating and it'll go away. LOLz

I'd never heard of this issue, but obviously it's what the speakers are plugged into. In OP's case, his PC, and not his laptop. Does it still occur with your internet backhaul disconnected? If not, the signals are ingressing via your co-ax cable or phone lines (DSL). Otherwise, it sounds like the house wiring is the issue. If the issue continues try swapping a new audio card in the PC. If it doesn't help, you can always return the new card.

Unplugged the ethernet from my desktop, still picks it up. Actually, it picks up KNZR, a Republican radio station. I thought it might be a ground issue with my electrical, wasn't that.

I'm going to a different alternative I think, build a new pc!

MysticRob

Established Member
Unplugged the ethernet from my desktop, still picks it up. Actually, it picks up KNZR, a Republican radio station. I thought it might be a ground issue with my electrical, wasn't that.

I'm going to a different alternative I think, build a new pc!

Good way to fix it. I should do the same since I'm on an XP Pro machine circa 2005. Let us know if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread