Audi S4

svt-tmleader

Established Member
This happened last night, I posted it over at stangnet too:

Could somebody tell me anything about these S4's? I went up against one at a light tonight. It was close through 1st, but once I shifted to 2nd I was gone. By the time I hit 60, I had three car lenghts. He tried to go again but I wasted enough gas on his a$$. Funny thing, there was a 69 (70?) 442 vert right behind me, and when he caught up to us, he just grinned and gave me a thumbs up.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Powered by a twin-turbo 2.7-liter V6 rated at 250 horsepower and 258 ft-lbs. of torque. 6.0-second zero-to-60 time and crossed the quarter-mile timers in 14.55 seconds. From edmunds review. As with any car, it can be tuned and since it already has a turbo, it benefits from chip and exhaust and looks like it makes mid 300s for tq and hp without too much $$$$$. Put some more money into it, bigger turbo and you know how the story goes. 4 wheel drive don't hurt either when the light goes green :)

For a family sedan it can be made to move very fast. Just wait for the RS6 450HP early next year, fortunately they ain't making too many of them.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
a buddy of mine back home as one, and all i can say is OMFG. He has chip, exhaust, some damn tranny mount, and shifter. The thing is fast.

For Example.
On a 3 lane main road, we were in my other friends 00 CSVT, and he was in his S4 chit chatting with us. Up pulls this Firebird, I think LS1, but don't quote me. And all of a sudden the light turns, and the Firebired takes off like a bat outta hell, and I quote he says "Hold on, I"ll be right back" and vroooom he's gonna, and HE WALKS THE CAR DOWN! I was shocked!!!!! And later took us for a ride in it, and, the car is badazz, thats all i can say!!!!! Check out audiworld.com for more info.

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Yeah, My friend has an 00 S4, chipped.
Though I haven't ridden in it since he chipped it. I was able to keep up with the Cadillac off the line surprisingly, but in top end, he would ownage me off (Caddy tops out at 115, he let off at 145)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
No Sir, but, I don't expect you to believe me, but just like ripley's believe it or not..........

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
Naw its nothing personal just sounded so good is all. The fact that he watched the firebird take off, had time to look over and talk to you before he took off, then finally did and just walked down the bird. Sounds like the dude's audi runs 10's or 11's :eek:
Anyhow i know you just telling a story and i shouldent pick it apart like that, your a good story teller, you keep telling em and i will keep reading :) Your all good im my book Stabler, i just could not resist the above posted jab at ya.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
his car is probably mid 13s, maybe low, at least at the time. Like I said, I'm GM Illerate, so isn't that kinda possible on an LT1??? :)

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
Yea Stabler it is very possible if it was a stock or near stock lt1. They are tough outa the hole but leave a lot to be desired up top. Most stock lt1's run about 14.1-14.3 in stock form and of course are now getting up there in age, so i could see a low 13 sec car doing the walk on one. You had mentioned the ls1 in your first post so i think that is where my brain went to as far as the bird, which most ls1's with a decent to good driver should be mid to lower 13's stock (depending on year).

281cobra

Drive by poster
Established Member
Race a modding one (S4) on the highway in Florida back in February. We took off at about 90 mph. I started out behind him in the left lane and when he jumped on it I almost ran up in his ass. I jumped in the middle lane and procecced to roll by him at 110-120 mph. We raced up to 150 mph (the fastest I ever been in the Cobra) and I had him by 2-3 cars. I will say this, I was surprise at how fast that car was. It was a good race.

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Yea I raced a modded one. I did not know what it was until I saw this thread. He beat the WRX who was trying to hang. I slaughtered the WRX (not even close) and killed the S4. He was about as quick as a 02 M3 without as much top end.

We went from a roll 3 times or so. My 03 Cobra is an 11 second car. I figure he's about a mid 12 the way he was running. Maybe low 13... Fast lil sucker!

Users who are viewing this thread