Audi RS6 Sedan tries...

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
...And fails.

Driving home from work tonight, I see the HIDs coming up fast, I drop it into second and by the time he is next to me I have his speed matched and start pulling. Not too hard, but put about a car at 90mph, had to start slowing down.

Get to a red light and I'm trying to get him to roll his window down so I can chat but the light turns green. He creeps up to about 5mph and guns it and so do I. Massive wheelspin in first, I shift to second and start pulling, shift to third and I've put about 2 cars on him by 100, he shuts down.

We get to the light and I give him props and ask him if its an S6, he says, "No Its an RS6! V-10 twin turbo! But thats not a stock vette!"

I told him I had headers, and that he was gonna surprise a lot of people with that car. I should have asked him what year it was, as I am not super familiar with these cars. Sounded sick though.

Anyone got any details on these cars?

Almo

Established Member
...And fails.

Driving home from work tonight, I see the HIDs coming up fast, I drop it into second and by the time he is next to me I have his speed matched and start pulling. Not too hard, but put about a car at 90mph, had to start slowing down.

Get to a red light and I'm trying to get him to roll his window down so I can chat but the light turns green. He creeps up to about 5mph and guns it and so do I. Massive wheelspin in first, I shift to second and start pulling, shift to third and I've put about 2 cars on him by 100, he shuts down.

We get to the light and I give him props and ask him if its an S6, he says, "No Its an RS6! V-10 twin turbo! But thats not a stock vette!"

I told him I had headers, and that he was gonna surprise a lot of people with that car. I should have asked him what year it was, as I am not super familiar with these cars. Sounded sick though.

Anyone got any details on these cars?

RS6 are badass especially offering its bi setup on something that came out in 2003. :rockon:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I thought this car was just coming out? I didnt even see it on audi site, i only see the r8?

I want to find the price.

Im a die hard american fan, but in this case audi>vette.

v10 tt soccer car ftw.

Almo

Established Member
Were they V10 BiTurbos in 2003? I'm trying to find info on this car but cant seem to find anything.

I believe they were V8s.
2003 Audi A6 RS 6 Sedan
- Two turbo compressor
- 4,172 cc 4.2 liters V 8 front engine with 84.5 mm bore, 93 mm stroke, 9.8 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and five valves per cylinder V
- Premium unleaded fuel 91
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 22 and EPA city (mpg): 15
- Multi-point injection fuel system
- 21.7 gallon main premium unleaded fuel tank
- Power: 336 kW , 450 HP SAE @ 5,700 rpm; 415 ft lb , 563 Nm @ 1,950 rpm

Avants were V10s if I recall right.

2009 RS6 are V10 TTs but I didn't think they were coming to the states.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/autoshows/frankfurt/2007/2009audirs6.html

Last edited:

primetime

Established Member
I believe they were V8s.
2003 Audi A6 RS 6 Sedan
- Two turbo compressor
- 4,172 cc 4.2 liters V 8 front engine with 84.5 mm bore, 93 mm stroke, 9.8 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and five valves per cylinder V
- Premium unleaded fuel 91
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 22 and EPA city (mpg): 15
- Multi-point injection fuel system
- 21.7 gallon main premium unleaded fuel tank
- Power: 336 kW , 450 HP SAE @ 5,700 rpm; 415 ft lb , 563 Nm @ 1,950 rpm

Avants were V10s if I recall right.

2009 RS6 are V10 TTs but I didn't think they were coming to the states.
2009 Audi RS6 - 2007 Frankfurt Auto Show

Exactly! The 2003 RS6 can be a pretty impressive car with a chip, full exhaust, and tranny chip. Would have been much nicer if you could have gotten themi with a 6-speed and they are quite heavy.

OP, Nice kill.... later Ron

Common

Established Member
New RS6 is going after the CTS-V, M5 and E63 with its 10cyl tt. The one you raced wa
V8 bit turbo and 450hp.

Nice kill....

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
New RS6 is going after the CTS-V, M5 and E63 with its 10cyl tt. The one you raced wa
V8 bit turbo and 450hp.

Nice kill....

I asked him if it was a V8, he said "No its a V10 twin turbo."

Maybe he was just a douche, who knows.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I asked him if it was a V8, he said "No its a V10 twin turbo."

Maybe he was just a douche, who knows.

Then one of three things happened:
1. He has no idea what he has
2. He did a swap with a 09 RS6- not available in the U.S. (you could probably buy a C6 for that kind of coin)
3. He's full of shit and knows it.

Either way good kill. Not too surprising though- you weigh probably at least 1k lbs less. Unless he's modded he had no chance at all.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Then one of three things happened:
1. He has no idea what he has
2. He did a swap with a 09 RS6- not available in the U.S. (you could probably buy a C6 for that kind of coin)
3. He's full of shit and knows it.

Either way good kill. Not too surprising though- you weigh probably at least 1k lbs less. Unless he's modded he had no chance at all.

Ya think they weigh about 4500lbish.

Pretty gay for the guy to just up and lie about his setup, unless hes a total idiot.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Guys the new rs with 550 + hp is a monster..
Check gtboard.com and they have a few vid of this new bad ass car running other fast cars..
Even if it was the new rs they still out weight you by atkleast 1k pounds so your story is not hard to beleive plus vette guys never lie. Lol

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
The guy is either full of shit or just dumb. The new RS6 is not even for sale in the US. Only the S6 is available in the US which has a 5.2 liter NA V10 making 435 HP. Unless he imported a RS6 from europe. The sedan RS6 is just bad ass.
800px-Audi_RS6_sedan_typ4F_world_premiere_front.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread