Auburn Gear Ected

Big Q

Established Member
Anyone here happen to have any experience with this diff? I like the idea of being able to engage/disengage with the flip of a switch. TrueTrac looks to be built a little more stout but some have mentioned some drivetrain noise with it. Pulled the rear end today to have the tubes welded and was thinking of upgrading the diff while its out. Was considering some aftermarket axles as well but the stockers are already 31 spline correct? Car is a nice weather only street car/strip so trying to make the rear end strong but driving friendly...

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I have a true trak with strange heavy duty 31 spline axles. it makes no noise, its maintenance free since there are no internal clutches! I recommend it over the auburn!

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
My Auburn made one trip to the track and started popping when turning corners in traffic. Took that sucker out!!

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
You have made the right choice!!!!!

Wanted to add, I have had a Trutrac in a 8.8 since back when they were under the Detriot brand. Had it for 10 years, 175k miles, 4 sets of DR, 2 sets of R888, rain/snow, etc never an issue. These are very nice pieces, I think the newer ones are supposedly even stronger than mine.

Users who are viewing this thread