ATV Persons.....

9T5SVT

Established Member
I need some guidence/advise on what to do with my old suzuki king quad 300. I believe it's a 2000 model, so yeah, a little old. Anyway, I really want to buy a new one, but want to exhaust all other options before doing this. the king quad really needs a rebuild, but what can be done to get a little more performance out of it. And before anyone says it, I'm not talking about an all out drag 4-wheeler, just a little more than what it has now that won't make the cost to do this outweigh buying a new one. If I wanted the performance of a new king quad, I would buy one. So I'm not looking to surpass the new king quad 750 in performance.... I just want to know what some of you guys think about redoing the motor and trying to get a little, if at all, more power out of the little motor. Is there the option to get something that's a little bigger that doesn't require everything to be new, ie, suspension and drivetrain? The most I've found is the rebuild kit, and that's pretty much it. I just want to give the 4wheeler a once over and replace old worn out parts and make it almost as good as new. It runs fine and everything, but I know it's in need of a rebuild and i know some parts of the drivetrain need a looking over. Thanks in advance for any posative or.......negative feedback.

Steven

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
most, of if not all the performance oriented rebuild kits are made for 400cc and up motors. Nothing you can really do besides a motor swap which will cost as much as a used sport quad.

Running smaller tires should give you a decent pickup on accel though. :shrug:

motoman991

Banned
He's right, there won't be much if anything you can do to help performance of that atv. 2000 isn't that old though, my Banshee is a 2000 and still looks pretty good. Then my 88' LT250/500 looks pretty much new.

9T5SVT

Established Member
There's nothing wrong with it, i would just like to upgrade a little if possible without going out and buying a new one. I figured most of the responses would be that there's nothing I can do, besides just rebuild the motor and replace any other necessary parts that need it. I thought about a bigger motor, but then cost comes into play and I'd be worried about how it would bolt up to the frame and other drivetrain parts. I dunno, probably just end up doing a normal rebuild and paint the frame and make it look all nicey nicey.

Users who are viewing this thread