Attn Van or Lethal

lawdude

Established Member
My McLeod RXT is slipping. Now would be a good time for a sale and free shipping on a new clutch.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Wouldn't it make sense to just call each one and talk instead of putting site sponsors in a thread. Not the smartest Guy but isn't lethal Mccloyed and Van Spec. Bad thread.

lawdude

Established Member
How long have you had that clutch? Its rebuildable ?

Had it a couple of years. Yes it can be rebuilt - probably take at least 3 weeks for me to get it back from McLeod. Car is a daily driver so I need to just swap out clutches.

Wouldn't it make sense to just call each one and talk instead of putting site sponsors in a thread. Not the smartest Guy but isn't lethal Mccloyed and Van Spec. Bad thread.

Hmm, I've seen vendors run sales on clutches. I'd hate to pay full price only to see a sale run in a couple of weeks. Not sure I see the harm in asking forum sponsors if a sale is on the horizon. Is it a forum violation?

Call me tomorrow late AM or early afternoon before 2:00

I'll take care of you bud.

Van

Okie Dokie.

lawdude

Established Member
FWIW, when I bought the RXT I bought the slave cylinder from 09 to make it work on my 2010 GT500. I also bought the flywheel to work with the clutch. All I really need is the clutch itself.

Zemedici

Established Member

oh.....

Call me tomorrow late AM or early afternoon before 2:00

I'll take care of you bud.

Van

you were saying? Good work Van :rockon:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Hmm, I've seen vendors run sales on clutches. I'd hate to pay full price only to see a sale run in a couple of weeks. Not sure I see the harm in asking forum sponsors if a sale is on the horizon. Is it a forum violation?

You could have easily accomplished what you wanted in a PM or phone call.

1. this is the tech section, not designed to be a for sale section or a place to ask for sales.
Can you imagine what would happen if everyone decided to do this?
We do allow vendors to run specials in here from time to time but they have guidelines for that.

2. We do have guidelines for vendors that they should not reply in a thread directed at another vendor.
Asking 2 to reply puts them and the staff in a possible sticky situation.
We don't like it.

We've had times where members instagate crap because one of the vendors is their personal favorite.

Did you techically break a rule?
Only one would possibly be posting in the wrong forum.

So no, you are not in trouble but it isn't really the proper way to do it.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Lawdude,

As you know we're warehouse stocking distributors for both McLeod as Spec. So it's really up to you which route you'd like to go. If you liked the performance,feel of the McLeod and it lasted several years then it definitely wouldn't be a bad decision to go with another McLeod. This way you know exactly what you're getting and there's no surprises.

If you feel like changing things up and would like to give Spec a shot I'm sure you won't be disappointed. They make a great twin disc clutch as well. The only negative I see going to the spec is that it's not going to give you the same driveability characteristics that the RXT had. Not that it's going to drive badly but if you really enjoyed how the RXT felt then its going to be real hard to step into the spec and expect the same.

Regardless of which route you go we will definitely take care of you. So if you're staying loyal to McLeod we can set you up with an excellent deal. If you're looking to change it up a bit and give spec a shot we can set you up with an awesome deal on that too.

Lastly,
We will be launching a loyalty rewards program shortly so if you place the order through us the points you earn from the purchase get turned into $$$ which can be used on future orders.

Give me a call if you have any questions and I'll be glad to help you out.

Thanks,
Jared

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Jared said:
The only negative I see going to the spec is that it's not going to give you the same driveability characteristics that the RXT had. Not that it's going to drive badly but if you really enjoyed how the RXT felt then its going to be real hard to step into the spec and expect the same.

Jared, can you elaborate a little further on the above? What is it it about the Spec (typically, I suppose) construction that contributes to it being that much different? Would you characterize it as 'more aggressive' in the way it feels?

Tob

cluscher

Established Member
Tob, great post. Over the years I've seen many threads/posts insinuate this without much elaboration. I'm looking for some details too. Thanks.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Jared, can you elaborate a little further on the above? What is it it about the Spec (typically, I suppose) construction that contributes to it being that much different? Would you characterize it as 'more aggressive' in the way it feels?

Tob

My point was just that if he was happy with the drivability of the Mcleod was not to expect the same exact feel from the Spec unit. They're two completely different types of clutches. Different design, clamping force, disc material, ect.

All that stuff will change how each clutch feels when driven.

Hope that explains it a little better.

Jared

lawdude

Established Member
Jared:

I have no complaints about the McLeod. I do my share of drag racing and understand that clutches used that way wear out quicker. I feel like I got my money's worth. Insofar as the McLeod RXT is concerned, with a bad left hip I appreciate how little pedal pressure is required.

I have zero experience with the Spec line of clutches. The only info I have is what I've been told or read. That info is that it engages quicker, pedal has a stiffer feel, and friction material is different.

I also know that both are rebuildable. What I don't know is, given the same circumstances, whether one lasts longer than the other.

Van@RevanRacing

I've driven multiple GT500's with stock clutches and aftermarket.

For example, the last car I drove at the Texas Mile to 195.9 MPH had a McLeod RXT. The clutch was broken in correctly many miles ago. The clutch felt good. I can honestly say I liked the feel. Comparatively speaking between the RXT and a SPEC SS or SPEC P-Trim "AFTER BREAK-IN" they all feel relatively the same "IMO"

I did not notice a major "difference" between pedal pressure and clutch engagement point. All clutches when new tend to have a shorter engagement point as they break in. Most aftermarket clutches tend to have a higher engagement point in the clutch travel versus lower to the floor board has been my biggest observation.

The SPEC SS seems similar to the RXT in pedal depression effort. The P-Trim is a little "heavier" on depress.

Those are my observations.

lawdude

Established Member
Thanks for clearing that up Van. I misunderstood the info you gave on pedal pressure. I'm pretty sure you said the two engage differently.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks for clearing that up Van. I misunderstood the info you gave on pedal pressure. I'm pretty sure you said the two engage differently.

Sometimes the written word is clearer than spoken.

When we spoke yesterday I was referencing the P-Trim. It is heavier and has a much shorter initial engagement point during break in. The only reason I brought that clutch up as a topic of discussion was your driving need, drag racing. Many of my drag racing customers use the P-Trim. Based on your mods and overall RWTQ the SS Trim would more than suffice.

If you happen to be in So. Florida in the next couple days I'll let you take my 2013 GT500 for a spin, I've got a SPEC SS Trim in it. I like the way it feels.

However, based on the conversation yesterday, the comment regarding your hip, if you know the McLeod was light enough on your left leg previously and it didn't bother your injury and you got good mileage out of the McLeod.................."if it ain't broke don't fix it"

I say stick with McCleod.

Users who are viewing this thread