attn Scott-cobra9329

micksnip

Established Member
Scott-
JR suggested I contact you about the backspacing on your CCW wheels(JR's former silver car). JR said to ask if your backspacing is 6.75 or 6.50, as I'm ordering CCW classics and going with Michelin 335 tires, like Marlon(I can Stang). CCW's "Chip" said he thinks 6.75. John is at SEMA, and would know better, he said. Also ft. tire size on the 9.5 X 18's? Do you know?
Everyone else-whooo-hooo!:pepper: I'm gettin CCW classics! The mod bug has bitten me-right in the wallet:rockon: !
Micksnip/Mike

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Scott, 03silvr10thvert has the backspace as well. His were custom BS and sit perfectly.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
03silvr10thvert said:
6.75 on mine.

Hey Mike,

I actually meant Scott from the above post....lol....He was my resource when I bought mine. I just could not remember if it was 6.75 or 6.50. Now you know because I ordeded what he has.

Take care, J.R.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Mike, as discussed earlier CCW knows what is best for fitment of our cars. They no longer use the 6.5" backspacing unless you're going with something less than an 18x11 rear wheel. 6.75 is the standard for their 18x11 option. Good Luck

P.S, do not put drag radials on the rear wheels if the car will be daily driven!!!! The sidewalls are just too soft and the wheels will bend like a pretzel.... ;-)

You want:

6.25" backspacing on the fronts and 6.75" on the rear wheels.

Last edited:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
You want:

6.25" backspacing on the fronts and 6.75" on the rear wheels.

He's is also correct on the front. This pic always sems to sell the wheels.

699ce230.jpg

Last edited:

micksnip

Established Member
ccw

Scott and all-

Thanks for the measurements. Scott-are you using the buttonhead IRS bolt? If not, did you get any rubbing, or did you grind the bolt? I know you have 315's, but how close to the IRS bolt? Chip of CCW said he thinks some folks have to do some grinding of the bolt with 335 pilots. He suggested I wait and talk with John, who is more familiar with the backspacing and ft. tire size. The cost now for the polished classics is 2450 or so. Two weeks turnaround time. What size ft tires, Scott?

micksnip/mike

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
micksnip said:
Scott and all-

Thanks for the measurements. Scott-are you using the buttonhead IRS bolt? If not, did you get any rubbing, or did you grind the bolt? I know you have 315's, but how close to the IRS bolt? Chip of CCW said he thinks some folks have to do some grinding of the bolt with 335 pilots. He suggested I wait and talk with John, who is more familiar with the backspacing and ft. tire size. The cost now for the polished classics is 2450 or so. Two weeks turnaround time. What size ft tires, Scott?

micksnip/mike

No rubbing except when I jack it up, a slight rub when unloaded. Stock bolts and tire shows no signs of rubbing after 2 years.

DON'T GET PS2s! With this HP they DO NOT stick to the road. Their rubber is too hard. I'm spinning in every gear if I want. I will give them their cred on performance. Stuck to the road for three autocrosses and never slid out from under me.

Users who are viewing this thread