Attn: Quick01Snake

REDLYNE

Established Member
I replied to a couple of your posts where you made comments about your 01 vs 99 cobra.

I have a question for you, with over 200 reported instances of engine ping...aren't you concerned for your new cobra? Don';t know if this applies to you, but how about the fact that 75% of 01 cobras with stock polished rims are experiencing tire slippage on the rims? Also, have you head that many 01 mustangs have had problems with flexing rear spoilers after you start accumulating lots of highway miles (all 01's have the different spoiler).

Just curious on what drove your decision besides the 0% financing. Have you had a bad experience with your 99? It seems like you are ctriticizing the 99 cobra at every turn...now that you have an 01.

Also, do you have an extra pair of smoked hedalmps for sale? :)

Last edited:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Hey i'm not trying to dog the 99, but like i said in another post, maybe something was not totally right with mine when i got it. but i know it feels faster, and i've been getting better mileage. i have had any knocking or pinging, but we don't have 91 octance around here, so i have to use 93, maybe that makes a difference. as for the other problems, no i hadn't heard of them , so thank you for bring them to my attention. BTW, i do like the '99 spoiler better, i wish they hadn't changed those. I just took her on the road to bowling green saturday for the NMRA finals (about 110 miles away) and it was unbelievable how much smoother it was at cruising speed, plus it felt like it had significantly more pull in passing than the '99.

But i offer this disclaimer, i am only comparing to my eperience in my '99. everyone should take take their own opinions based on their own eperience. i wasn't trying to offend anyone, just relaying my PERSONAL experience. so please don't take it as me bashing the '99s. cause i really did LOVE mine. Just seems that my '01 is even better.

P.S. if you know anyone looking for a green '99 with a pro 5.0 shifter and 4.10s, I can hook you up with where it's at. they haven't even cleaned it up yet.

REDLYNE

Established Member
Cool man...there's always a few bad eggs out there. I suppose I'm just overly defensive....but honestly, I was just curious why (besides the 0.0%) you decided to upgrade.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
most of the reason is because i really wanted a red one, i love the new interior, the polished wheels, and the fact that i could get out of the lease i had on the '99, and BUY a new one for not much more money. It's just EXACTLY the Cobra that I've dreamed of. And the rumors of them being stronger didn't help the situation either.

Users who are viewing this thread