ATTN: chicago/IL area

juicedgt02

Established Member
Hey guys, i am looking for a shop that will install gears in a mustang, Its for a friend that lives in Wheaton, IL. So please help if you can. O and price does matter, so keep that im mind. He is in the Chicago area and I know some of you are from there also, so please help. We had one shop that gave us a price of $650 to install gears.:eek: :shrug:

juicedgt02

Established Member
Thanks Neal, I just gave all that info to my buddy and I hope he gets what he needs done, just incase his name is Troy so when Brett tells you Troy came by, you will have an idea of whom he is talking about. Thanks again.

juicedgt02

Established Member
Neal just wanted to say thanks and Troy also thanks you as you send him to the right shop. Bret gave him a great deal and he is more than happy now. thanks again.:beer: :beer:

SNK BITN

Established Member
I think he charges $150 for the install. He is very thorough and he's the only one I trust working on my car if I cant do it myself.

juicedgt02

Established Member
150 is nothing comparing to me spending 300 here in MASS, but he quoted Troy at 200, which is much better than 650 :burn: So I just wanted to let you know and Thank you for looking out for a mustang owner.:beer: :beer: :beer:

SNK BITN

Established Member
Huntley, IL

Northwest suburbs bro :thumbsup:, he works out of his garage now cause he got screwed over at the shop he was workin at.

juicedgt02

Established Member
he works out of his garage now cause he got screwed over at the shop he was workin at

It kind of sounds like a guy that installed my gears here in Boston, except he worked for FORD and after many years, it wasnt working out for him so he went and bought a gas station with a garage and I think he is just renting the garage. :beer:

SNK BITN

Established Member
Originally posted by juicedgt02
It kind of sounds like a guy that installed my gears here in Boston, except he worked for FORD and after many years, it wasnt working out for him so he went and bought a gas station with a garage and I think he is just renting the garage. :beer:

Yup, thats exactly him. Bret was with ford for a long time, I heard he used to do gear swaps on his lunch breaks to make some extra coin.

Users who are viewing this thread