Attn. 2004 COBRA Owners: Have Any of Your Cars Developed the "Tick"

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Only had it for just under 2 weeks & 250 miles, no tick that I can tell.

Or stall, vibe, pull, etc.

Steel City

Banned
Im pretty sure I have it but who knows. I don't really give a f either. Im just going to keep driving the piss out of it until it blows up:rockon:

aslow306

Established Member
My car was in the dealer from monday to thursday morning this week because of a tick in the motor only when hot. They ended up removing then retorque of the cam ladders and it went away.
Other than that great car.Its a 04 with 900 miles.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I have 3,200 miles on mine, and have a tick, however it does not seem to be the head tick. It sounds more like the clutch fork assembly. I wound up using a stethoscope to find it. It is very annoying at times, and goes away at about 1100 rpm in neutral. Haven't a clue what is really making the noise, but this one could easily be mistaken for the head tick.

Jahel'98COBRA

Established Member
This really sucks. You would think that Ford would have had it all figured for these cars by the time they started building the 2004 COBRAs. If it wasn't for this tick issue, the IRS-associated wheel hop and weak half shafts, there is no doubt in my mind that I would be purchasing a 2004 COBRA to replace my Vorteched 1998 COBRA.

Users who are viewing this thread