ATTENTION: Owners of 2011 Mustangs with a shimmy/vibration in the car/steering

argetni

Established Member
I met with the field service engineer yesterday and a certified suspension and handling tech from Ford.

They both drove my car with me in it for 25 miles and both felt the vibration in both the steering wheel and the floor boards.

We then got back to the dealer and took out a brand new 2011 GT with 118 miles on the same 25 mile loop.

IT HAD THE EXACT SAME vibration.

Diagnoses

"normal vehicle characteristic"

So case closed on my car.

Last edited:

argetni

Established Member
Ok those with the issue PLEASE email me the requested info. Together we will get this resolved.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
were you driving in sport mode?

Sport mode?? I had the traction control off if that's what you mean.. ;)

Sorry, I'm still learning all the new terms, gizmos, and gadgets of this Mustang. My '04 has one button, and that's traction control. Turn it off, and you're free to spin/put it in a ditch if you wish. :)

Travis

SVT_4_me

Established Member
Sport mode?? I had the traction control off if that's what you mean.. ;)

Sorry, I'm still learning all the new terms, gizmos, and gadgets of this Mustang. My '04 has one button, and that's traction control. Turn it off, and you're free to spin/put it in a ditch if you wish. :)

Travis

there is also a "sport mode". if you press the brake and push the TC button twice it will engage sport mode...

argetni

Established Member
Pretty sure OP has the award for the most consecutive unbalanced tires & warped wheels on a 2011 to date.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustangs-354/722130-my-2011-mustang-shimmy-saga-beginning-today.html

That is for sure, but as it turns out and the reason I am collecting this information is that it is 90% that this is NOT a tire/wheel issue and is simply an EPAS calibration issue.

I have 9 people affected so far but have only collected 4 vins so far to present to Ford. I'm still waiting on Blown2004Stang to provide his as well as others.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
I'll get mine this evening when the wife gets home with the car.. Mine isn't as severe as yours, but, it's definitely there.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Well, I bought it for my wife.. so, she drives it a lot. I have my 2004 GT. ;)

I suspect I'll be selling the 04 for another Lightning or Harley truck, though. After seeing how well the new Mustang responds to mods, I just can't see putting more money into the 04.

Travis

argetni

Established Member
Please keep them coming, I have 9 people with the issue now but only 3 VINS so far.

Users who are viewing this thread