Attention Mobile 1 users

NWUCIT

Established Member
:eek:

Was in a local Wal Mart last night...they had the 5 qt full synthetic (Super/Syn) Mobile 1 containers (all weights!) on sale for $10 each....that's the cheapest I've ever seen it....$2 bucks a qt looks like a buy to me. Don't know if this a store specific deal or store wide....might not hurt to check out your local....better stock up ;-)

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
thanks for the tip, I'll go check it out....that's a great price....I usually pay 3.66/qt at Costco.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
they didn't have it at the one I went to...I'm gonna try to track it down...hope it isn't a Missouri thing

hoodedsnake

Established Member
Guess I'm heading to Wal-Mart on Saturday?

May be a stupid question but does anybody know the safe shelf life for synthetic oil? Cobra'03 you out there.....help!

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by hoodedsnake
Guess I'm heading to Wal-Mart on Saturday?

May be a stupid question but does anybody know the safe shelf life for synthetic oil? Cobra'03 you out there.....help!

Yessss???????????????

Oh, shelf life. Shelf life is practically indefinite. If the container is sealed, you could use it in twenty years old - only thing would be that they will have 8 new formulations in that time.

Here is a hint for everyone - store you oil upside down. Many of the additives are colloids (particles in a liquid suspension). Over time, they can settle out. Storing your oil upside down ensures that when you add to the crankcase, all the additives get in the engine.

BTW, another good reason to do it yourself. Those 55 gal drums at some places sit for a while, and you can never be sure th e right combo of additives is getting into your car.

Users who are viewing this thread