ATTENTION DODGE OWNERS. big RECALL

A fitting end for the old, tired line up Durango's and Dakota's. All hail the new "King of SUV's" the newly redesigned and engineered 2004 and updated 2005 Durango's!! The new monsterous Dakotas are kind of sweet, too.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Euphoric One said:
A fitting end for the old, tired line up Durango's and Dakota's. All hail the new "King of SUV's" the newly redesigned and engineered 2004 and updated 2005 Durango's!! The new monsterous Dakotas are kind of sweet, too.

Whatever. The old Daks look better and so do the Durangos. The Durango R/T was(is) badass. Don't even need to mention the Dak R/T.

Im glad someone likes the new Durangos, I wont even comment on the ugly as hell all new Dakota. Dodge used to make good looking vehicles. Now they are going back to the old days of ugly shitboxes. :nonono:

If you think I dont like Dodge check my sig. I like them but theyre off course with these new body designs.

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
Dodge always makes pieces of chit...We bought a 98 Durrango about 2 or 3 years ago, we've paid more to get it fixed than the payments. Also, I think I remember someone saying that the 98-whatever years of Durrangos had front suspension problems like totally breaking off. Eh I think we're going to trade it in for a Toyota Seqouia :)

SB Lightning said:
Dodge always makes pieces of chit...We bought a 98 Durrango about 2 or 3 years ago, we've paid more to get it fixed than the payments. Also, I think I remember someone saying that the 98-whatever years of Durrangos had front suspension problems like totally breaking off. Eh I think we're going to trade it in for a Toyota Seqouia :)
Trade it in for a new Durango. Chrysler has made some tremendous leaps in quality and vehicle design since their merger with the German folk. :thumbsup:

99COBRA2881 said:
Whatever. The old Daks look better and so do the Durangos. The Durango R/T was(is) badass. Don't even need to mention the Dak R/T.

Im glad someone likes the new Durangos, I wont even comment on the ugly as hell all new Dakota. Dodge used to make good looking vehicles. Now they are going back to the old days of ugly shitboxes. :nonono:

If you think I dont like Dodge check my sig. I like them but theyre off course with these new body designs.
The new Durango really is an awesome truck. Granted, the looks have to grow on you and many think it's hideous, but if you test drive a Limited, you will be impressed. The fit and finish is light years beyond the old Durango and the Hemi performance destroys the old 4.7L and 5.9L. Like Dodge says, the "Big ride, smooth ride and Hemi power" is a combo no other SUV can match.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Euphoric One said:
Trade it in for a new Durango. Chrysler has made some tremendous leaps in quality and vehicle design since their merger with the German folk. :thumbsup:
Leaps in quality and vehicle design? Well, I couldn't imagine them doing much worse than the current one. The new Durango looks like poop, though.

If you want to brag about having a car with German touches, you're better off just getting a real German car.

NYCStangGT said:
Leaps in quality and vehicle design? Well, I couldn't imagine them doing much worse than the current one. The new Durango looks like poop, though.

If you want to brag about having a car with German touches, you're better off just getting a real German car.
Looks. Key word looks. Looks have nothing to do with the quality of the vehicle or the engineering or the powertrain. Like I said, the looks are hit or miss for most. I did not like it at first, but after test driving a fully loaded Limited (my next vehicle) it started to grow on me.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Instead of buying new Durangos all the time, why don't you go pick up a used Terminator and a Focus for a beater or something? Do you do any off-roading? Is there any need for you to have a new Durango every couple of years? If you're afraid of snow in the winter, why not get a new Ford 500? I hear they're excellent cars, and a much more comfortable ride than an SUV.

NYCStangGT said:
Instead of buying new Durangos all the time, why don't you go pick up a used Terminator and a Focus for a beater or something? Do you do any off-roading? Is there any need for you to have a new Durango every couple of years? If you're afraid of snow in the winter, why not get a new Ford 500? I hear they're excellent cars, and a much more comfortable ride than an SUV.

#1. I have 0 interest in any Mustang right now. The 2007 Cobra may be an option because the new Mustangs are pretty cool, but I think I would opt for a C6 instead.

#2. I don't like driving beaters. One of the main reasons I still don't have my Z28 is because I wanted something for the winter and the tons of snow we get, and at the time, I couldn't afford 2 hefty car payments. I don't want to drive junk around in the winter. I like driving a nice vehicle around year round. I have also grown accustomed to the feel of driving a midsize or larger SUV. If a smaller car decides to try some stupid shit on the eway and cut me off or do one of the "rush up and merge at the very end of the orange barrels" I calmly give them the option of mixing paint with my much larger and heaver vehicle, run them into the orange barrels, or rethink their decision and get out of my way.

My D also hauls ass through snow and muddy terrain like a fiend. I am A LOT more comfortable driving it through 6" of snow on a major highway than I would be in a smaller car. Inclement weather is a stroll in the park for me now.

And there is my unwanted, longwinded explanation for my current choice and future choice in vehicles. :thumbsup: :read:

Users who are viewing this thread