Attention All fellow Mustangs (P1450 P0451)

Tx5.0

Established Member
Over the past few weeks the car has been throwing a P1450 code for "unable to bleed fuel tank". Everytime I would go to put gas in the car you could hear air being release as the nozzel went in. While filling up the tank I was not allowed to fill up completely because the handle would "click" as if the tank was full. I cleared the code a few times thinking it was just a one time thing but it would show up about a day later. I got a code P0451 code for "evaporator control system pressure" as well so it got me to thinking...

I went to the dealer to see if they knew a quick fix about the code. I was told a sensor could be the issue and it cost $70, ok not too bad but I wanted to be sure that was the issue. I crawled under to inspect and found this...

20131224_133135_zps5192c2d6.jpg

This is the right rear passenger over axel pipe and as you can see that tube got a little too close for comfort. This is why the car was unable to bleed the fuel tank and started throwing codes. The tube really goes nowhere as it just vents to the atmosphere so I just cut it off before the melted part.

I tested this out by clearing the code again and filling up the car. Sure enough it filled up just fine without not spitting fuel at me and the code did not return. So before spending the $$$ at the dealer take a look under and see if you have the same issue as I did, or just cut it off now as it will not hurt anything.

Have a good day!

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Good idea to check your over axle pipes if you replace your mid pipe as the former will shift and may touch something.

Coyote414

Established Member
Bump this happened to me too, anybody got a part number for this Im having a hard time finding it thanks guys

Tx5.0

Established Member
Just cut the area that is messed up. No need to order a whole new tube as it just vents to the air outside.

Users who are viewing this thread