Attention: 10th Anniversary Cobras

GIJOEBRUIN

Established Member
Attention: 10th Anniversary Cobras

I've decided to purchase the 10th Anniversary Cobra in Black this week. I was originally going for a Sonic Blue, but after reading all the threads of vibe, tick, pull, etc., I thought going for the late production 10th Anniv Cobra would be best.

Have you noticed any of the common problems on your 10th Anniv. Cobra? Either way please post whether you had any problems or not. I'm hoping to start a thread that all of us could benefit from.

Thanks!!:)

Joseph

umustdv8

Established Member
Test drive it if they let you. Here in South Floirda, most dealers won't let you walk in and test drive a Cobra.

10thVert

Established Member
I have a 10 Anniv. Torch Red Convertible. Owned it 1 month with 1,000 miles on the odo. Had the oil changed yesterday. Only problems noted are the POP going up my driveway and the clutch disengages and engages very close to the floor.

During my oil change the SVT tech did the TSB on the rear anti roll bars and eliminated the POP. I discussed the clutch with him and he said he also noticed it when he drove it on the lift. He suggested I drive it another 1,000 miles or so as the clutch will move up as it wears in. He said if it is not better by then to bring it in and he would call the hot line and get it fixed.

Other than that the car runs great and is really great ride. Good paint quality and fit and finish. I personally do not think the drive line clunk is any big deal. Had a 96 Mystic Cobra with a Kenne Bell before this car and it did the same thing. No pull no vibe no squeeks.

I will wait to see if the clutch issue solves itself. An after market clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster will solve the clutch adjustment problem, but could raise warranty issues for you.

Good luck!

cobracory

Established Member
I have a 10th Anniv black coupe. It has been a month and a few days, just passed 2300km (yes, I AM CANADIAN!) :beer:

Haven't had it in for any service, or oil changes yet. In a week or two is my appointment that the salesman made for me.

I am also noticing the pop in the rear when going up/down my driveway ramps (underground parking garage).

As for the clutch, hard to say really... my first standard. Only learned a short time before I picked up the car. I don't think it is making any noises. Although the driveline clunk that people report is something I do notice too. I guess I can be relieved that it isnt my doing. :)

I was noticing a rattling noise on the passenger side a few weeks back (2wks after I got the car). I assumed it was the the passenger door & seat rubbing together as noted in a TSB. However, I haven't heard it in just over a week, but I'll have them check that out anyways.

Otherwise, it is driving great. No problems to report at all...

I just really dont like the fact that the wheels are balanced on the outside of the rim. I'm going to get that changed to the inside wheel when I take it in.

Some pics... http://members.rogers.com/cobracory

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
I have a silver 10th motor build date is May car build date is June 03. Every things seems good on it so far 330 miles

Fastford

Established Member
I have a 10th aniv. silver vert. Car runs great I have the poppin noise whem I back out of my garage in the morning. I go over a bump in driveway. Also has a slight vib. at 80-85 mph. But I am working on re clocking the drive shaft. Ran 12.70@114 last night. 4095lbs. on the scales. 2.80 pulley and a cat back.

3ponies

Established Member
Red Convertible no issues

I've had my 10th for 5 weeks. 650 Miles on it. Love it.. Got the clunk in the drive train but I think it is normal. No issues besides I need more open roads! The interior is awesome.
Enjoy..
Rick:beer:

BULL

Established Member
yea there are problems with the ann. cobras, we have 4 at my store and i cant stop looking at them...........big problem.!!!!

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
They let you test drive in South Florida. It's just a matter of getting the car fast enough in the parking lot to detect the vibe!!!!

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Mine was built June 3rd, bought June 25th. Has 1,200 miles. Had seat rub, fixed myself but dealer would have. Had A/C hose routed against the passenger side head and was melting through, dealer fixed and re-routed. The only other problem was not a common '03 Cobra problem, just my (bad) luck. The left rear seatbelt was ripped 90% of the way through and was replaced by the dealer. Other than that, I have a slight popping in the left FRONT backing out of my driveway but seems like nothing big, you can barely hear it. I love this car, and although I had put a lot of money in my '01 GT and it was basically show-car quality, I don't regret it.

MY OPINION ONLY: If you're buying a 10th Anniversary SVT Cobra, coupes look best in red, verts look best in black. Silver just has too many contrasting colors going on. ONCE AGAIN, THIS IS MY OPINION.

Users who are viewing this thread