Attempting to locate a lost 240z

Driver500

Established Member
My wife's dad had to sell his beloved Z after she was born due to no rear seat. Fast forward 30+ years and he still talks about/loves that car. I'd like to track down the old car and find out where it ended up. I know it's slim, but it would be really fun to be able to find it and purchase it back.

The only info I have on the car at the present is
Originally purchased new and registered in Louisiana
1973 Datsun 240z
Color: 918 Orange
License Plate in 1981/81 was 13E993
Car was sold 1981

I'm working on getting the VIN number.

I've tried calling Louisiana DMV, but they said they purge their records every 5 years and couldn't provide me any info at all since I don't currently own the car.

No luck calling insurance agent friend.

I have a call in to a LEO family member to see if he can possibly run the plate.

Any tips you guys can offer would be appreciated.

01dcb0af.jpg

Last edited:

Red94SVT

Established Member
Good luck hope you find it, the weird thing is my wife was born in 81 and her dad had an orange 240z as well lol although he sold it a few years after she was born...

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
i'm sure u've already thought of it probably but just incase, i'd post this on Z/Datsun forums especially when you get the VIN for it. good luck with the search!

Driver500

Established Member
I'm going to hit the z forums as well. I know the vin will be the key puzzle piece on this one. Just trying to find creative ways to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread