Attach Points for Hoist on 97 Cobra

lcarpen_2000

Established Member
I am pulling my engine and need some advice for attach points for the hoist. I don't want to pull the transmission if I don't have to (and use the upper trans bolt holes and alternator holes).

I looked into getting the Rotunda lifting eyes but they are listed for $400 online and am not sure the dealer will let me get some for a more reasonable price. Even then, it looks extremely difficult to attach these things with the engine in place.

I have a load leveler with 4 chains and was thinking that I could attach the four chains where the lower intake manifold bolts are. I am concerned about damaging the heads though.

Any ideas?

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
the upper trans holes are perfect. Any heavy accessory bolt on the front will do. Just make sure the bolts are threaded in most of the way

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
See sig links for some ideas..

I've used a K-member as a leveler, and I've also used a long metal rod with holes on it as a leveler.

1996_Snake

Built and Blown
Established Member
i took dougs advice, but did one better.
thanks doug
IMGP0193.jpg

IMGP0194.jpg

worked like a charm

lcarpen_2000

Established Member
Thanks for all the great responses. I went with the alternator bolts and upper trans. Got the engine out last night. The dust shield got hung up on the one of the pegs that connect the bell housing to the block and i mangled it good, but it is out!

Users who are viewing this thread