JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Real impressive

[video=youtube;OEJYD6PS9q0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEJYD6PS9q0[/video]

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
GM copied EcoBoost with the LF3/4? look at the specs of each engine and they are the same except 0.1L

earl lee

Established Member
Those gauges and the CUE system though...

It wouldnt be a GM product if it didnt find some area to fail at. :loser: Anyhow, I think I need to start looking at 2nd gen cts-v's. I need a 4 door.

bmore1186

Established Member
GM copied EcoBoost with the LF3/4? look at the specs of each engine and they are the same except 0.1L

It was bound to happen with the success of the ecoboost and the performance marks it's been making off of tunes as well.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

EB has a little way to go before it makes 440hp lol.

I'm sure the next 3.5 will run a bit hotter than the current gen.

o2gt

Established Member
Strong numbers. What I find strange is why the performance numbers seem to be all over the place with this car. Guess we need to see it in owners hands to get a better idea of what it can do

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Strong numbers. What I find strange is why the performance numbers seem to be all over the place with this car. Guess we need to see it in owners hands to get a better idea of what it can do

From what I've seen, the automatic sedans seem to be the fastest with consistent ~120 MPH traps. Manuals are a few tenths slower in every measure. The gearing makes such a huge difference.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
EB has a little way to go before it makes 440hp lol.

I'm sure the next 3.5 will run a bit hotter than the current gen.

Not really, just need different turbos. The ATSV is a performance car and lighter, don't know the specs of the turbos but they reach full boost a little later than ecoboost and are probably bigger than those on stock ecoboost. Ecoboost power comes on very early and drops off in upper rpm.

The 3.6 has been around quite a while, and GM had the LNF before "ecoboost" became a sales pitch. haha

The twin turbo, lf3, from what I read came out in 2014. Ecoboost has been out since 09/10.

Just my observations.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Not really, just need different turbos. The ATSV is a performance car and lighter, don't know the specs of the turbos but they reach full boost a little later than ecoboost and are probably bigger than those on stock ecoboost. Ecoboost power comes on very early and drops off in upper rpm.

The twin turbo, lf3, from what I read came out in 2014. Ecoboost has been out since 09/10.

Just my observations.

Look at what a stock CTSVsport runs. Mid to high 12's, with a tune 11's. SHO's run mid to high 13's stock and high 12's low 13's with tune only. I love SHO's but I believe the GM motor makes much more power.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
My only beef with the 3.6 twin turbo engine is that it just doesn't sound exciting. I don't think it does the ATS-V justice in regards to driving excitement, which is a shame because the rest of the car is so good (minus that stupid gauge cluster).

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Look at what a stock CTSVsport runs. Mid to high 12's, with a tune 11's. SHO's run mid to high 13's stock and high 12's low 13's with tune only. I love SHO's but I believe the GM motor makes much more power.

I just looked this up. I honestly did not know this existed, I thought there was only the ctsv supercharged v8.

I don't know the specs of the turbos, obviously the gm ones are larger to make the power.

cts vsport : "CTS’s twin-turbo V-6: 420 horsepower at 5750 rpm and 430 pound-feet at 3500"

The 3.5 ecoboost in the SHO makes 350 tq(i believe limited) at 1700rpm and 365 hp at 5500.

These are also different cars completely. fwd based vs rwd, 3900 curb weight vs 4400. Fords idea with ecoboost is instant torque, no lag.

Will well have to see what the future holds for turbo upgrades and fueling upgrades for these DI cars.

Users who are viewing this thread