atlanta dragway fri night

mustangtw

Established Member
My buddy, who has an 03 cobra, and i are heading to atlanta dragway this friday for their fri night street drags to test out the new pulley i just installed on my 08. Has anyone ever been? Im about 2hrs from the track and want to know if its worth the drive. Also if anyone else wants to come out and play around i think it would be fun.

cmsnake

Established Member
Track is ok, always a positive DA though. They finally started putting cones at the start line so everyone launches in relatively the same spot. So traction isnt near as bad as it used to be. Overall a decent track.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
ya it's an okay track. Theres usually a good turnout if thats what your looking for but when I've gone on friday I'm usually lucky to get 3-4 passes since they are so packed.

mustangtw

Established Member
Ok cool, yea I don't mind the turnout as long as they are efficient at getting the cars down the track and keep the line moving. I usually only make 3-4 passes in a night anyways because I like to cool down my car between passes. The tracks local to me are only 1/8 mile and always packed with old school drag cars never any decent street cars. I would actually prefer racing with other street cars as it offers up more competition I think. Anyways we are still planning on going if anyone is local and wants to meet up with us up there. I'll be in my torch red 08 gt500 and my buddy will be pulling his black 03 cobra. We will be leaving Greenwood SC around 4 or 4:30 heading through anderson then jumping on 85 S to hopefully be there by 6 or 6:30. Should be a fun night :burnout:

svolighting

Established Member
its about like any track you go to....on a street night, no track prep for street cars...took mine last fall to atlanta dragway after a tune at kurgan motorsports..
best pass 10.005@140 1.61 60"........
then later went to mtn. parkway dragway in clay city ky, with the only changes made were trac loc to a full spool...
best pass at clay city...9.52 @140 1.41 60'

mustangtw

Established Member
Well had a blast at the track fri night, pretty good turnout, lots of street cars. I actually won two gift certificates from year one for 25 bucks a piece. My car had the fastest et and mph for the street legal class during the power hour. Here is the time slip of my best pass. I'm in the left lane and my buddy with an 03 cobra was in the right lane.

commerce.jpg

I know the car can do better with some cooler air and a better tire and 60ft, but still fun none the less. Saw a few other cobras out there and one more red gt500 like mine with a stripe delete.

Users who are viewing this thread