Atlanta Area Cars...Gauging Interest in Morning Cruise Meet

LSWon00

ATC ZTL
Established Member
Being that morning weekend meets have become popular (i.e. Caffeine and Octane) I want to get input from local people on if we could start a meet of our own. Nothing official at first, for example the 2nd Saturday morning at 9:00am we could meet at an area breakfast joint. Could be coffee and doughnuts or a diner. I'd like to get a few ideas for places that you all think would be a good place to meet, try and think centrally located to the city to keep the driving distance fair to everyone and make it more accessible.

For Example:

The Jane in Grant Park, they have a fairly good sized parking lot with Barnett Performance next door who might let us use their lot (Barnett Performance: The South's Racing Equipment Headquarters) and plenty of off street parking. For food there is Octane Coffee Bar (Octane Coffee) and Ria's Bluebird (Ria’s Bluebird)

Please post up any ideas you may haven, and most definitely post if you would be interested in doing a meet like this. If we have a good enough turn out we could extend a welcome to other sites such as LS1Tech and Muscle Car Evolution and get their members to join us.

~Brad

jbes3

Established Member
Brad- I would be interested in doing something like this. My club down here in Warner Robins talked about doing C&O, but that's a hike for us to do if we drive up early in the morning. Downtown Atlanta or somewhere in the Burbs wouldn't be as bad. Let me know if you end up doing this.

LSWon00

ATC ZTL
Established Member
I'll keep you up to date. I'm trying to gauge interest and get input on where people would want to meet.

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
I'd be very interested in something on Saturday mornings. I'm near the Mall of GA up I85, so as long as the drive is not too bad I'm game for whatever.

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
I'd be up for something like that. I might even be able to talk my 2 buddies into it also, 700hp whipple gt500 and 600hp whipple 04 cobra.

LSWon00

ATC ZTL
Established Member
Alright then...I will get to working on it. I'll talk to the performance shop and see if they'll let us park there. If not the building that the coffee shop is in has plenty of space in the morning, and as long as we buy at least a cup of coffee they can't really say much as to us being there, but I don't foresee any problems anyhow.

Here's a map of the location I'm suggesting, its about 1 mile east of I-75 off of I-20. Tell me what you think about making the drive here, we could meet say 9:00 or 9:30.

The Jane at Grant Park | Commercial-Retail Space East Atlanta | Intown Atlanta Lofts | Downtown Live/Work Office Condos

437 Memorial Drive Atlanta, GA 30312 - Google Maps

I like this location because its a good location between the main North/South and East/West Interstates making it easier for most people to travel to in the shortest time.

If this location is acceptable would you like to meet the First Saturday or Second Saturday of the month?

For planning purpose the first Sat. will be March 3rd (not this Sat but the following) or the second will be March 10th (3 Saturdays away)?

Last edited:

LSWon00

ATC ZTL
Established Member
Since it looks like we have some interest here, I've extended an invitation over the the LS1Tech board located in the Southern Members section.

Users who are viewing this thread