ATI overdrive 15% lower pulley

rstlaurent

Established Member
I was planning to install the Innovators West 10% OD but I saw ATI makes it with 15%.

Will it be too much with a TVS 2.3 with 2.65 upper pulley?
What kind of octane should I use with 20-21psi of boost?

I am not sure what to do...

Steve@BAS

Established Member
you have to grind a bunch off for the 10% pulley, I wonder how much further you need to grind for the 15% one.

GreggsSVT

Established Member
I was planning to install the Innovators West 10% OD but I saw ATI makes it with 15%.

Will it be too much with a TVS 2.3 with 2.65 upper pulley?
What kind of octane should I use with 20-21psi of boost?

I am not sure what to do...

I'm new to the gt500 thing,but are you using a stock short block for this amount of boost?

rodfarva

Established Member
I would be worried about clearance issues. One area of concern would be above the balancer between the belt and the bottom of the water pump housing. There is already little clearance with the 10% OD balancer. The other area would be between the balancer and the supercharger tensioner pulley. It is already a tight fit. There is more room with the Thump RRR tensioner due to its smaller pulley size. You should definitely address these issues and belt availability with ATI before purchasing.

skyhighsd

Established Member
15% pulley would up you 5-6 lbs so where would you be at then? Also I would not be to worried about the issues listed above, ATI is not a fly by night company and I am sure they looked into all of that. As far as grinding goes, you dont have to grind much for the IW 10% 1/8-3/16". Doubt it would be to much more and there is more than enough on the tab left to do it if need be. 20 plus lbs and most say 100 oct as a rule or at least a can of torco, but I am not a fan of torco.

rstlaurent

Established Member
15% pulley would up you 5-6 lbs so where would you be at then? Also I would not be to worried about the issues listed above, ATI is not a fly by night company and I am sure they looked into all of that. As far as grinding goes, you dont have to grind much for the IW 10% 1/8-3/16". Doubt it would be to much more and there is more than enough on the tab left to do it if need be. 20 plus lbs and most say 100 oct as a rule or at least a can of torco, but I am not a fan of torco.

I guess I would be at 20-21psi but I don't want to put Race gas in it all the time.

What aren't you recommending Torco?

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
You can get a 15% from innovators also:) I forgot what Chris told me about where it is close at and what you have to grind and clearance to make it work. But it will work.

rstlaurent

Established Member
You can get a 15% from innovators also:) I forgot what Chris told me about where it is close at and what you have to grind and clearance to make it work. But it will work.

If I am not mistaken, the 15% from Innovators is not for GT500 but for a GT...

skyhighsd

Established Member
If I am not mistaken, the 15% from Innovators is not for GT500 but for a GT...

Take Dans word for it, as far as torco goes I just am not a believer in it and never have been. But then again I am not a huge fan of 100 oct out of the pump and thats why I buy 55 gallon drums of vp. Its cheap insurance when it comes to high boost levels.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
i was gonna say you'd need a larger TB to efficently use the added boost but i see ur already running dual 66's

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Boost & HP with 2.6" on stock blower

Anyone running this ATI 15% with 2.6" upper on the stock Eaton? I would be interested in knowing what kind of numbers it can produce, rwhp, torque, boost, etc.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Take Dans word for it, as far as torco goes I just am not a believer in it and never have been. But then again I am not a huge fan of 100 oct out of the pump and thats why I buy 55 gallon drums of vp. Its cheap insurance when it comes to high boost levels.

C-12 & C-16 Rock

strongs_2009

Established Member
Has anyone ran that much boost on a stock blower? Im interested to see if that aint over spinning it.

i am not a big fan of having to run race gas all the time I have been there with this already and it gets old filling up from a can and not being able to drive any further then a tank can get you there and home. If your really wanting to run high boost or timing I did the snow stage 3 meth kit it has been worth every penny.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread