At what temp does IAT pull timing?

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Just wondering what temp the IAT has to be before the computer start pulling timing? Also the coolant temp, if you know.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ask your tuner, they make adjustments in the tune when they want the ecu to start pulling timing and how much.

Vert

Established Member
Are you talking about just IATs as in through the air filter or IAT 2s which the blower to intercooler temps. I would think IAT would start to pull timing in the low 100s and IAT 2s in the120s

mjohns930

Established Member
I'll have to go in and look when I have a chance, but it's not quite as simple as just adding or pulling timing at a certain temp. There are two tables for IAT: one is temperature based and the other is load vs RPM (IIRC). The temperature based table might give a base value of say -50 at 125*F and the load vs RPM table might give a multiplier value of 0.10 at a given point. You multiply those values to come up with the final timing addition or subtraction, so in this example at 125*F IAT and for a given load/RPM the PCM would pull 5*. That's not the actual values, I need to go in and look, just giving a primer since I'm not at my computer. ECT is the same sort of deal with two tables.

Last edited:

mjohns930

Established Member
Just dug it up. IAT starts pulling at 150*F and ECT starts pulling at 250*F. This is on a stock 2014 GT. IAT is also adding timing below 100*F and ECT is adding below 200*F. How much it tries to add or subtract depends on the base x multiplier as explained above.

Last edited:

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks mjohns, and bdubbs, I was asking for a friend, but thank you soooo much for your helpful input.

Users who are viewing this thread