AT&T unlocked my iPhone 4

Fuerza

Established Member
So, I was reading online 2 days ago about how ATT will unlock your iPhone if met the following criteria. You completed your current 2 year contract and your billing is in good status. I have been an AT&T customer for years and have always been in good standing. However I'm not still under my 2 year contract. I did some more digging and found out that if you are military stationed overseas AT&T will unlock your iPhone. I'm deployed to Afghanistan so I gave them call this morning and they approved my unlocked! I'm in the process of doing the reset and my plan is do buy a local SIM card and put it in my iPhone for calling back to the states. Just wanted to pass on the information if anyone else is in the same boat.

Fuerza

Established Member
Well my phone is now a brick.

During the restore to factory setting on my phone I got an error message. Basically something went wrong either during the download of the restore update or something else, I don't know. Now my phone has the connect to iTunes display on the screen and is frozen. iTunes no longer recognizes it, and I tried using a buddy of mines iTunes to restore it, but that doesn't work either. Tried doing the hold home button and connecting to iTunes and that didn't work. I tried doing a hard restart and that didn't work either.

KB_GT

Potato Peeler
Established Member
One time my iphone 3Gs bricked, and then I fixed it. I cant remember how I did it.
Good luck.

Fuerza

Established Member
54f72ed8-9aa0-e265.jpg

It works beautifully!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Not to sound stupid, does this mean you can switch carriers, and still keep the same mobile number, now that the phone is unlocked?

Fuerza

Established Member
Not to sound stupid, does this mean you can switch carriers, and still keep the same mobile number, now that the phone is unlocked?

I can switch to any carrier in the world, hence the Afghan signal on my display. I still have my ATT number, but it is under suspension until I get home. When I get back stateside I can call ATT and put my ATT sim card back and be back in business. I was actually looking online for better deals than ATT encase I want to switch. The only real benefit to this is if you travel abroad and want to pick up a cheap prepaid sim card for calling while you travel. My iPhone is still 100% Apple locked, meaning no jail break features that I can tell from.

Users who are viewing this thread