AT&T just bought T-Mobile for $39 Billion

txyaloo

Established Member
Wow... So much for the rumors that Sprint was buying them.

I'm sure the FCC will approve this. They don't give two shits about preserving competition.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Wow... So much for the rumors that Sprint was buying them.

I'm sure the FCC will approve this. They don't give two shits about preserving competition.

with restrictions. when verizon bought alltell they weren't allowed to keep the whole thing, they had to sell some to ATT. i expect a similar situation here.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
Yeah, commercials that say, "hi how are...beep beep beep."
Call back, "you doing...beep beep beep"
Look at phone: call failed

I love at&t. I am changing soon.

verizon or sprint are the only two other "big" phone companies that i see.

fergy016

Established Member
verizon or sprint are the only two other "big" phone companies that i see.

I plan on switching to Verizon.
I am seeking a used phone currently to switch w/o contract to wait for the bionic dual-core droid phone to be released. The reason for getting on w/ verizon now is to get a data package before it is tiered like AT&T is.

AT&T does have some nice features though:
Talk/Data at same time.
Faster data speeds then most networks (except true 4g networks)

I am curious to see what happens with this acquisition.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
I am seeking a used phone currently to switch w/o contract to wait for the bionic dual-core droid phone to be released. The reason for getting on w/ verizon now is to get a data package before it is tiered like AT&T is.

AT&T does have some nice features though:
Talk/Data at same time.

i'm thinking verizon's lte network will solve those issues? thought i read that somewhere.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
I am seeking a used phone currently to switch w/o contract to wait for the bionic dual-core droid phone to be released. The reason for getting on w/ verizon now is to get a data package before it is tiered like AT&T is. AT&T does have some nice features though:
Talk/Data at same time.

Nice idea, but when you switch phones to that bionic dual-core 4g droid you won't be grandfathered into 4g. If you stayed with a 3g phone maybe, but vzw is going to tier their 4g service too, they HAVE to or smartphones will just render the network un-usable.

fergy016

Established Member
Nice idea, but when you switch phones to that bionic dual-core 4g droid you won't be grandfathered into 4g. If you stayed with a 3g phone maybe, but vzw is going to tier their 4g service too, they HAVE to or smartphones will just render the network un-usable.

They are grandfathering people into the new networks I believe. I do not know for sure, but I am willing to take the gamble and get on with them sooner than later.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
They are grandfathering people into the new networks I believe. I do not know for sure, but I am willing to take the gamble and get on with them sooner than later.

ok, gamble away. but i am telling you that when the full 4g LTE network hits, people going from 3g smart phones to 4g smart phones will move from unlimited data to a tiered system. Albeit the top tier will be really high, but there will be a limit.

fergy016

Established Member
ok, gamble away. but i am telling you that when the full 4g LTE network hits, people going from 3g smart phones to 4g smart phones will move from unlimited data to a tiered system. Albeit the top tier will be really high, but there will be a limit.

I agree with you, and it is sad. Makes me want to go with Sprint and save the $20/month for the same minutes/unlmtd data I would be hoping for on At&T/Verizon.

comparison is:
450min/unlimited data/unlimited text
At&t (Grandfathered)-$85
Verizon-$90

Not much different in cost. I am curious how the tiered program will change in the future.

Dusten

Established Member
Derek, i already signed up for the 4G network and have a phone sitting on my table at home that i will activate next week. I have an unlimited data plan and didnt have to change it... i just had to update to the 4g package

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Derek, i already signed up for the 4G network and have a phone sitting on my table at home that i will activate next week. I have an unlimited data plan and didnt have to change it... i just had to update to the 4g package

which phone? was it a new plan or an old one? was your contract up or did you upgrade your phone? and i assume you are talking about vzw, if not then idk what to say.

tistan

Established Member
How is AT&Ts customer service? The main thing I have always liked about T-mobile is their customer service. I have a few friends with AT&T, and they always have problems with dropped calls.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
I apologize. It appears I received bad info. VZW is currently offereing unlimited 4g on thunderbolts. VZW said two months ago that they would tier their 4g plans like ATT did, but apparently they arent doing it, yet.

My advice would be to grad a thunderbolt ASAP if youre in the market.

Users who are viewing this thread