At it again.... Got bored.... Wheels got painted (((PICS)))

INVNO1

Established Member
I just cant seem to leave shit alone.. Wife was painting some things in the kids room and I got the bright idea I wanted to paint something..:shrug:

Color is Hammered Pewter that wasn't allowed to "hammer" so it's got a smooth finish that somewhat resembles a Hyper Silver Coat from certain angles. No clear coat has been applied yet. So they look a little dull. They will be topped off with Nason 497 clear.

BTW the outter lip is chrome.

20150802_185240_zps8id4a2az.jpg

20150802_185221_zpsndwl8yz1.jpg

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Pics/vids of the process?

I need to refinish my daughters wheels and have some prior paint experience but do you unmount the tires? Tape? Media blast or just sand for prep?

INVNO1

Established Member
Pics/vids of the process?

I need to refinish my daughters wheels and have some prior paint experience but do you unmount the tires? Tape? Media blast or just sand for prep?

Unbolt wheels

Wash wheels and tires with degreaser

Lightly scuff wheels with scotchbrite or 400 grit sandpaper

Buy 2 decks of playing cards

Place cards between wheel and tire forming a complete circle around the rim. (This keeps paint off the tires but allows paint to get behind the wheel lip)

Tape off valve stem

Spray wheels!!

** If you have a spray gun and compressor leave cards on wheels, Let paint tack up and shoot with clear to protect and give them a high gloss shine (I use Nason 497 clear)

Thats my process every time i paint my wheels

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
which hood is that?

I HIGHLY suggest hood pins or something. I had mine blow open at about 65mph on the high way and blow out my windshield and caved my roof in. Scary to say the least.

INVNO1

Established Member
which hood is that?

I HIGHLY suggest hood pins or something. I had mine blow open at about 65mph on the high way and blow out my windshield and caved my roof in. Scary to say the least.

Not sure on the brand. But I'll trade it for a stock hood.. What brand was yours?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Unbolt wheels

Wash wheels and tires with degreaser

Lightly scuff wheels with scotchbrite or 400 grit sandpaper

Buy 2 decks of playing cards

Place cards between wheel and tire forming a complete circle around the rim. (This keeps paint off the tires but allows paint to get behind the wheel lip)

Tape off valve stem

Spray wheels!!

** If you have a spray gun and compressor leave cards on wheels, Let paint tack up and shoot with clear to protect and give them a high gloss shine (I use Nason 497 clear)

Thats my process every time i paint my wheels

That's about what I figured. I thought I remember seeing the playing card trick somewhere before.

And yes I still have a almost 20yr old Sharpe that was about $450 20 years ago.
It still sprays pretty nice.

Thanks

INVNO1

Established Member
That's about what I figured. I thought I remember seeing the playing card trick somewhere before.

And yes I still have a almost 20yr old Sharpe that was about $450 20 years ago.
It still sprays pretty nice.

Thanks

Lol. As long as it sprays!

Users who are viewing this thread