ASVAB...

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
so what exactly do i need to know for it? and should i study? i'm supposed to go into special vehicle maintence, which my recruiter says i need at least a 50 to get into. any thoughts?
btw i'm going air force
AW:)

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
i got a 98 on it. I think the hardest math that it gets in to is algebra 1. Alot of questions about how gears turn and some general questions from cars, carpentry to electrical.

Question:

What is resistance in electrical current measured in :

(w)
(ohm)
(v)
(sp)

Questions like that. But for the most part was pretty general questions.

Smokinbago

MN Sports Fan!
Established Member
Good choice of service. The AF takes care of its people. I am in the navy. The test covers the basics but there is a ASVAB cd that you can study from. Ask you recruiter for the CD or you can get it from one of the big book stores.
I did not study but did pretty well, but then again, that was in 1990.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
ripper- electrical resistance is measured in ohms if i'm not mistaken.

i went on a tour of the a/f divison at port huemene. pretty inpressive. like...wow
well, i'm processing on april 19th, so here i go

Last edited:

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Would you rather have this for a sig picture?

SenecaV.JPG

FYI, Piper actually modeled some of their aircraft for X-Plane. I'm about to download the craft now and try them out.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Yes I always liked the Seneca. But I prefer a fast single over a slow twin! The maintenance costs of a twin make them prohibitive. That is why I am looking to upgrade to a Saratoga!

SVT4ME

Established Member
Amwalker

Don't sweat it. Just do your best. You can take the test as many times as you wish. Your most recent score is the one that counts. You should improve with time. Check for Study/cheap books. I've got 19 years in the AF. Ask away. If you know what you want to do then talk to your recruiter about a reserved job. Meaning your getting a job you want before you sign. Also he can sponser you on a trip to a air force base in the vicinity. Send me a private message if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread