ASU does not observe President's Day

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
But they do observe Martin Luther King, Jr. Day... Odd?

Can anyone tell me why?

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
:lol: Figures. Just wondering, nobody around here knows. It's not like I have a problem with it, it's just like any other day.

yuke175

Established Member
My college doesn't recognize either holiday... sitting in class now while everybody else has the day off

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
My wife is a teacher in NJ. Most schools are off but her's is open. And on MLK day too. They get out earlier so it's a trade off.

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
I miss ASU
asufans23.jpg

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
My wife is a teacher in NJ. Most schools are off but her's is open. And on MLK day too. They get out earlier so it's a trade off.

That's probably it. Our last day of finals is 2 May I believe.

txyaloo

Established Member
The instructors that I have today are students themselves.

Not like a TA or even most professors would know. They don't set the schedule. Someone on the faculty senate would probably know since at most universities they vote on the schedule.

It's really a trade off. More days off in a term means you have to get off later. No one is going to cause a big stink because they don't get President's Day off, but you can bet someone somewhere would make a big stink about not having MLK Day off.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Daughter goes to OU. They have the same holidays as ASU.

My wife is a teacher and they have staff meetings on both

I get a four day weekend each federal holiday. So it all equals out!!! :rockon:

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
No one is going to cause a big stink because they don't get President's Day off, but you can bet someone somewhere would make a big stink about not having MLK Day off.

Yea. It's only like our First & Sixteenth Presidents Birthday and we all know MLK made more contributions to this nation than any POTUS did. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
No one is going to cause a big stink because they don't get President's Day off, but you can bet someone somewhere would make a big stink about not having MLK Day off.

Yea. It's only like our First & Sixteenth Presidents Birthday and we all know MLK made more contributions to this nation than any POTUS did. :rolleyes:

This is what I was thinking their reasoning is too. They're saving face. Too many black athletes here to worry about. LOL.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Osceola County schools here in Fl doesn't observe it. They are in school today.

But they were off Friday for the Rodeo. Been that way for 25 years.

Blown 89

Established Member
MLK day and Arizona have a rocky history. That's one of the reason's why ASU chooses to take it off.

hb712

Established Member
That's not uncommon practice, OSU does the same thing. It's a trade, you don't get President's Day off but you get an additional day off elsewhere (i.e., two days for Thanksgiving). It has nothing to do with a social agenda or racial preference.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Chico state does not observe presidents day but they do take off Cesar Chavez day every year. Let's all try and figure that one out...

Users who are viewing this thread