ASTROS WIN!!!!! Time for a poll

Who's gonna win the World Series

• Total voters

HoustonGT

Established Member
First of all......Hellllll yeeeeaaaa!!! What a beautiful win in St.Louis. 5-1 is a good way to prove yourself after losing a game on one hit 2 nights before.

Its now time to see what the SVTP guys think of this year's World Series. Both the White Sox and the Astros have an amazing pitching staff and have good defenses. So who's gonna win it all?

ASTROS! :-D

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
i think it is going to be a great series......both teams have such a good bullpen its going to another low scoring series

HoustonGT

Established Member
crew_dawg16 said:
Well, I guess we'll see if the White Sox even need their bullpen this series.
Well, at least we know the Astors bullpen kicks ass. Chicago just used their openers the entire series, so they have yet to prove themselves in the post-season

01svtL

Established Member
Stros bitches! We are coming for blood here too!

edit: Oh .......... nuff said!

tvguy

I'm a Phillies Phan. Have to root for the National League. Astros in 7. Hope it's a long series.
pacotaco

getrdone

'STROS baby! we are scrappers.... we dont really have the big hitters that can bomb it on command. Berkman.. maybe, but not like most teams that can go deep on a regular basis. We play small ball and we play it very well. And oh ya... our pitchers are no slouches.... and who is that guy, lidge? i think. hes not too bad either.. Clemens came back for one reason.. to win a world series.. anyone remember him saying that? I am soo happy for biggio and bagwell. they deserve this.... its just too bad for baggs that he had to sit the back half out. Maybe h has DH in his near future... and thats one of the reasons chicagos pitchers pitched all game... they never have to bat... just sit back and do their job..(which they do very well)..
But it is fate for these boys... ASTROS ALL THE WAY!

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Since we have all the Houston fans in here, can someone educate me on a couple things?

1. What is an Astro?
2. What does the name Killer B have to do with the Astros?

SHOE

Boo-frickety-hoo
Established Member
I think an "Astro" is something cosmic, like a star...

... or the dog from the Jetsons.

The "Killer B" thing comes from all the players that have a last name that starts with the letter "B" (Berkman, Bagwell, Biggio, Burke, etc.) - sort of like the Miami Dolphins of the 80's (they had 7 or 8 defensive starters whose last names started with a "B").

I think the Astros in 7 and may be the lowest scoring World Series ever.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
SHOE said:
I think an "Astro" is something cosmic, like a star...

... or the dog from the Jetsons.

The "Killer B" thing comes from all the players that have a last name that starts with the letter "B" (Berkman, Bagwell, Biggio, Burke, etc.) - sort of like the Miami Dolphins of the 80's (they had 7 or 8 defensive starters whose last names started with a "B").
Thanks for clearing that up for me. :thumbsup:

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
SHOE said:
I think the Astros in 7 and may be the lowest scoring World Series ever.

ESPN has this same forecast also.

Astros in 7.... That'll be a kick ass series with nail biting written all over it.

My girl is a huge Cardinals fan. How sweet it was to gloat for a few minutes. :-D

She is now going for the Sox.... Should get heated..... :banana:

SHOE

Boo-frickety-hoo
Established Member
I'm a Braves fan and have been even through the sucky years, but I'm glad for Houston. They made an unbelievable comeback after a terrible start and deserve to be there. I think I'm most glad for Biggio and Bagwell. They've certainly paid their dues and have played the game like it should be played - at 110% and with a tremendous amount of class. I can't fail to mention their loyalty to the Astros. Playing with one team your whole career is unheard of these days. A World Series ring would certainly cap off a couple of great careers. I'm pulling for them.

Side note: Early in his career, Biggio played minor league ball for a short time here in Asheville (Class A) - as a catcher.

Users who are viewing this thread