AST dampers (shocks and struts)

Overtorqued

Established Member
SOLD

I have a used set of AST 4100 series struts and shocks to sell. These are designed as a 2005-2010 Mustang fitment, but will also fit 2011 and up with strut mounts for 05-10. This set of dampers is intended for something like an F-stock classed autocross car as they are set up to use stock type springs. These are a monotube design with fixed compression damping and adjustable rebound damping.

I bought these used but I have not used them myself and I'm changing plans. Previous owner reports they have seen two seasons of autocross use and about 6000 street miles. Based on my experience, that looks pretty accurate (I just sold a set of these from my BMW with limited use as well). Struts and shocks are in good shape and have no apparent leaks. On all of them the adjusters move freely.

Those spring perches on the struts are custom made using parts from OEM Ford struts, which allows the use of the stock type springs. They are adjustable in height and are currently set in the OEM position. The bottom mounting holes on the front struts have been slotted per a TSB from Ford that allows for some camber adjustment. This setup could be converted to use standardized coil over springs, or used as is with stock type springs. The parts for using standard coil over springs, which will also be height adjustable front AND rear, can be sourced from Vorshlag.

So this is a high quality set of rebuildable dampers, with custom front spring perches. These are very hard to find (I don't think you can buy these new right now). I'm going to price them at $1000 OR BEST REASONABLE OFFER. For $1000, I'll cover shipping them in CONUS. For lower offers, I'll need to get your shipping address and check the cost. Payment via USPS money order, Paypal gift (you pay the fees), or regular Paypal +3%. Cash always works if the buyer is picking up in person. Located in Verona, VA.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread