Assisted Hearing

WishIHadSVT

Established Member
Just wondering if anybody here has or knows someone that has a Baha Cochlear Implant. I had the initial procedure done over Xmas break and go back in April to get the Implant snapped to the titanium stud bolted to the back of my head. Just curious to see anyone's experience with it as I've only tried the mock headband model in a sound booth.

The reason for this is that I have single sided deafness on my left side, so a traditional hearing aid is useless to me.

Thanks,

Bill

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
hearing aids have come a VERY long way. My brother was born with a 95% hearing loss in the early 60s. He started with a "hearing pack" that he wore in a harness. was about the size of a 60gb IPOD. now you hardly see his hearing aids .

Good luck on your procedure man ...

WishIHadSVT

Established Member
Thanks RDJ.

I have a 100% loss but with the unit my hearing performance more than doubled in the booth. I'm excited for April to get here and meet with the lady doctor. :)

scotts99snake

Established Member
Wow man. Good luck with everything. I know it is nothing compared to you, but I have had hearing problems all my life. I have had tubes four times and now hear about 75%. I can't imagine what you are going through. I wish you the best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread