ass raped an Fbody and a Cobra

slowbra001

**** a Ford
Established Member
thursday i went with an old friend from high school (read ex-girlfriend) to hang out w/ some of her friends and have a few drinks. when i pulled up to find a parking spot i noticed 1) another 03 cobra (maroon hardtop) on some oooooglay 18 in wheels and some pep boys tires, w/ a for sale sign in the window, and 2) a midnight blueish ws6 (00/01 not real sure) on some bfg t/a, m6 car. i guess it was going to be an okay night after all! :coolman: i asked her if she know who drove either car, but she doesn't know shit from peanut butter about cars. well we go in there and after all the introductions are out we chilled and morgan started taking some shots and i grabbed a budweiser, one of the new ones in the 1 pint aluminum teflon coated bottles. pretty bad ass paint job on this beer.

two of the guys go out front and they are gone long enough for me to finish the first beer and start on another. well, when they come back out it is pretty obivous they have been out there smoking some good shit b/c now the whole rooms reeks of pot. they start asking around "who drives the cobras, who drives the cobras." they start arguing w/ the other cobra owner and t hey head outside with me right behind them.

the fbody guy has a bigger guy w/ him and the cobra dude had his g/f w/ him. i had my ex w/ me too. they are trying to set up the runs on a busy rode. it's around 11pm and i think it is a good idea to head to Bobby Jones Ex Way b/c it is straight for a little over a mile and it is four lane wide. they agree. :rolleyes: we rolled out and it took literally like a minute and a half to get to our destination. i get the middle lane and the cobra takes my left side, ws6 to my right. i tell them on the 3rd honk.....they agree again. i space the honks out nice and evenly, a good 2 seconds in between and on the third i leave the line softly around 2600rpm. the cobra jumped hard and blew the tires off after that. just went to smoking the tires and i swear i heard him it the rev limiter at least once. i don't know what happened to the ws6, maybe he was sleeping at the tree? i rolled out the hole and took it to the middle of 2nd and i was already picking up cobra headlights in my side mirror.

i am obivously playing w/ some rookies so i pull over to the shoulder. they pull behind me and i have to give them both a crash course in street racing. leave on the 3 honk, not that hard. we all regroup and i make sure to grab the middle lane again. this time the ws6 is on my left and cobra on my right. i do the honks again...nice and slow so every one hears them. on the second honk the cobra breaks out, the ws6 gives chase and i roll out. all of this happening in less then half a second. as i am coming outta first after having to pedal it for traction, the cobra has the ws6 by bout a full fender and i am about two feet from the ws6 bumper. it second w/ traction i blasted bast the ws6 and barely got it front of the cobra and then had to shift for third. i banged the shit outta third and my hand slipped off the shifter and hit the radio. thank god i didn't miss third b/c it might have broke some shit. in third and pulling like a god damn frieght train....3 wide race is some exciting shit. i am now a half a runway ahead so i left and start braking.

that is enough beating on my car for one night so i head back to the house we were at. we parked and starting drinking again. about 15 minutes later the other two cars came back. we were all in the kitchen talking and come to find out that 1) the ws6 was a 2000 and it had 29,000 miles/bone stock 2) the cobra was bone stock w/ 47,xxx miles. i felt kinda bad. they asked what i had done to my car.......uh...it was stock besides a brake upgrade w/ 46,xxx miles. that was pretty much the end of that. it was quiet a house after that.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
so u drank, then raced with two guys that had been toking on the reefer???? you sir, are really brillant. :bash: :nonono:

Cobraing

Trumpet of Torque
Established Member
No kidding. The man is Einstein's equal! :kaboom:

High HP cars + influence of drugs + punk kids = couple more bodies in the morgue.

I'm down with partying, just save racing for the morning after.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Cobraing said:
No kidding. The man is Einstein's equal! :kaboom:

High HP cars + influence of drugs + punk kids = couple more bodies in the morgue.

I'm down with partying, just save racing for the morning after.

+1 - again.

Looks like slowbra is a "rookie" in his own rights.

99GTvert

Established Member
you guys are acting like he was smashed. I know smoking weed is a different story and i personally wouldnt race within a few feet of two dudes that were stoned, but come on, he had one beer.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
99GTvert said:
i personally wouldnt race within a few feet of two dudes that were stoned

I can't speak for everyone, but you said it right there. Who knows what the other guys had. He admitted they were there before him and his ex. Who is to say they didnt' smoke the mary Jane and have some drinks. Just because he was able to race, doesn't mean this race was smart.

That is why I don't street race or go too fast on the highway............You just plain dont' know. Whether it be a podestrian or more than likely the poor ability of the guy next to you. TOO many idiots out there think they can handle anything thrown their way. Most of those idiots can't. I would have loved to have seen how they would have reacted if the rearend kicked out. Worse yet, you were in the middle. Your chances of involvement in a crash were much higher.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
You didn't say what kind of car you were driving? A Cobra or a GT or what?

Sharkster

Established Member
simply put dude. If I even think the other guy is or has been drinking I wont run them. I wont even be driving my car if Ive had anything.

A little drinky or a little dopey makes people do stupid shit. Now combine that with adrenaline and a car that makes the power we make and it makes those same people push that car beyond its limits.... both racers!!!

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
Street racing is dangerous period, you guys are pretty big hypocrites. Half of you hit 120+ on highways where MY wife and kids are. Please stop with the holier then thou bullshit. I do the same shit (racing that is, I really don't drink period), but atleast I'm realistic with myself and know that it's wrong and unsafe.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
4tun8 said:
Street racing is dangerous period, you guys are pretty big hypocrites. Half of you hit 120+ on highways where MY wife and kids are. Please stop with the holier then thou bullshit. I do the same shit (racing that is, I really don't drink period), but atleast I'm realistic with myself and know that it's wrong and unsafe.

I am in the half that has not hit 120+ thank you very much. Being a father of four, a volunteer firefighter at one point, and in a horrifc accident myself, I can honestly say, the finger can not be pointed at me.

Besides the fact that Hypocrites rank #1 on my hate list. Hell, I haven't spoke to my father in 8 months because he became a hypocrite in a VERY serious matter.

2k1cobra

Established Member
99GTvert said:
you guys are acting like he was smashed. I know smoking weed is a different story and i personally wouldnt race within a few feet of two dudes that were stoned, but come on, he had one beer.
You can actually drive when your stoned. Its actually fun. :)

Users who are viewing this thread