ash tray ?

cdh027

Established Member
Are we suppose to have a removable ash try in the other whole in the console? If so, mine was stolen at the dealer. :shrug:

If that's the case, is it worth me buying a replacement ? Not that I would smoke in the car (I quit 4 years ago), just wondering if its useful for anything else or if it looks better than the empty hole ?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
It's useless unless you smoke. Most people I know including myself just toss it to the side. It makes a good cup holder or place for change if there's no ashtry. I'm sure people would sell it to you ... you can have mine for $5 :p

cdh027

Established Member
Thanks for the info Mike. Hey, I see your in tech support. Would that be at Moto ?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Nope, just at a construction company in Homewood, IL. ... always looking for a new opportunity!

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
Are you serious??? The car had an ashtray?? All this time I thought it was weird that it didn't have one. Now I am a part time smoker and would NEVER smoke in my car, but what does it look like? My dealer is getting a call today...

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
The ashtray just pops into the front cupholder just in front of the shifter

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
The ashtray in question is an OPTIONAL Ford part. It does not come with the car as far as I know. None of the Mustangs come with ashtrays anymore for that matter. You have to order it from the parts department and it just sits in the drink holder.

U.M.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Mine came with the "smokers package" which is esssentially an ash tray and a cigarette lighter instead of the dummy plug which many come with. I sold the ash tray to a member on this board for $10.

cdh027

Established Member
"Mine came with the "smokers package" which is esssentially an ash tray and a cigarette lighter instead of the dummy plug which many come with. I sold the ash tray to a member on this board for $10."

That makes sense then. I've got the blank plug in the outlet. So it looks like nothing was stolen afterall. :)

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
I couldn't stand the looks of the cheesy looking 12volt piece of plastic plug that Ford installs in the lighter hole so even though I would never use it, I put a lighter in there. Came out of a friends guzzler, an 03 Excursion.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Yeah, it's a smokers package. Included ashtray and lighter. No sense in all the non smokers having to pay for something they will never use.

Users who are viewing this thread