Aruba trip

colin450

Established Member
El Gaucho for steak. Pinchos is a floating dock restaurant/bar awesome for Caribbean food. There's plenty more but those two are the ones I can remember the names of right now. I'll post more if I think of them.

Jolly Pirate for something during the day - Free booze, snorkeling, rope swing off the boat. Kukoo Kunuku party bus, takes you around the island to different bars, it's a good time. Moomba Beach bar, good nighttime party spot. I've done an ATV tour that took us to the natural pool and some other sight seeing type places, forget which one I used though.

I've stayed at the Divi Phoenix which was nice and the Holiday Inn which was a great location but I didn't really like the resort as a whole (my wife usually picks the hotel). Next time I go I'd like to try one of the low-rise hotels, Eagle Beach is much nicer.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
We did the same ATV/UTV tour. It rained the day before and we hit every mud/water hole I could safely swerve into. We got the side by sides and went to the pool. It was a lot of fun.

There were 16 people in our group. We rented a house that was converted into eight small condos that was walking distance from the beach. Just over our back wall was a tree full of iguanas which was pretty cool.

Last edited:

ATX5.0

Established Member
Thanks for the suggestions and info. I’ll see how much time we have on our hands. Only going for 3-4 days

Chum731

Shark Baiter
Established Member
I have been twice to Aruba

Once for work

And we went there for our honeymoon

Hit up the hotel bar and they will have a happy hour. Usually 2 for 1 and drink the special. They have an automatic gratuity on everything and want a tip on top of the automatic.

Hit up the concierge and see if you can do a sunset booze cruise on a catamaran boat. The dolphins will be close to the boat which is pretty cool. The one we did had booze included and they were out 2 hours or so.

El Gaucho steakhouse is awesome that was already mentioned

We went to Marina Pirata and the dock / deck is right on the water and fish come up to the underwater lights. It has an awesome view of the sunset that can’t be beat

The Flying Fishbone is a little further down from Marina Pirata and you can eat on the deck, on the beach or in the water. The food is better there and same sunset as above

The Flying Fishbone, Savaneta - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

Marina Pirata, Savaneta - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I've stayed at the Divi Phoenix which was nice and the Holiday Inn which was a great location but I didn't really like the resort as a whole (my wife usually picks the hotel). Next time I go I'd like to try one of the low-rise hotels, Eagle Beach is much nicer.

We stayed at the Divi all-inclusive and the Tamarijn our last two trips. Low rise on Eagle beach. They're sister resorts, so staying at one gets you the use of the other. Definitely worth checking out.

Users who are viewing this thread