ARP side bolts 4.6, take a look??

Buds03Cobra

Established Member
All,
4.6 4v
I just got my motor back from the builder.
New 03/04 block
Manley rods and pistons,
forged crank.

I did the ARP2000 rod bolts and main studs. They look to be right.
When looking at the side bolts, they look to me like the stander grade 8 industrial cap bolts we use at work on a day to day basis...
Looking on there web site, it looks like they did (there side bolt upgrade) not the ARP. both were the same price.
take a look.
Can some one post up a pick of there ARP side bolts?

Last edited:

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
My arp side bolts say arp on them. Those certainly don't look like arp bolts to me.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
I want what I paid for and what I asked for. If there is going to be a substitution on anything going into my several thousand dollar motor I want to be notified about it first. That's just me.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
^^How is it a substitution if ARP made them?

Why is there an option to choose one of the two? If they're the same thing, offering only one would be less confusing to the buyer, no?

If I paid for part #XXX I am getting part #XXX, not #XYZ. If they can't manage that, then call me.

rtusnake

Established Member
I know mmr uses 12.9 grade bolts for their side bolt kits. Its a strong bolt. We use a bunch at work also lol. I have the arp bolts in my motor. Better designed bolts

Buds03Cobra

Established Member
Now that the short block is all together, I'm. Not sure it if would we safe to swap them out for the ARP or best if just left alone.

Users who are viewing this thread