army guys come in

mustangkid05

Established Member
whats going on? well I go to basic training in a week and ait after that, but i have a question reguarding when i can come home. How does that work? i'm trying to come home right after ait can you do that? like im talking the day after graduation lol
thanks guys

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
it depends on your MOS. My AIT was a year long so I was able to go home several time during AIT. There was also a hometown recruiting program when I was in AIT so when you left AIT you took 2 weeks leave in route to your duty station and also you get 2 weeks of hometown recruiting so you would be home for a month before going to your duty station. On hometown recruiting you basically help the recruiting station but I didnt really do anything. Either way, yes you can take leave in route to you duty station after AIT.

NXSVTCOBRA

where are you going for Basic/AIT?

It's up to your DS if you get hometown recruiting. I didn't get it and neither did the rest of my basic training company. I waited until I got to my unit and took a 4-day pass and went home. That would probably be your best bet if you don't get recruiting since you won't have any leave days accrued

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
where are you going for Basic/AIT?

It's up to your DS if you get hometown recruiting. I didn't get it and neither did the rest of my basic training company. I waited until I got to my unit and took a 4-day pass and went home. That would probably be your best bet if you don't get recruiting since you won't have any leave days accrued

depends on your MOS and if you are are OSUT or AIT. I had over 30 days saved after AIT. if you are in AIT long enough to phase up you can go home on 4day weekends. i went home for christmas exodus, and for several 4-day wkends. it was like 8 years ago for me but i think i do remember your DS having to approve you for hometown recruiting.

Last edited:

Sapperstang

Established Member
I did OSUT which is where you do basic and AIT at the same place. We had one night between the two but could go no further than 25 miles or something like that. I went to jump school right after AIT and finally after that I got leave.

Most likely you will get leave after AIT. When I went in back in 95 you had to have hometown recruiting in your contract to be able to do that.

Last edited:

mustangkid05

Established Member
i picked 13b cannon crewmember, the basic and ait are at the same place ft sill. Both the training combined is only 15 weeks

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
i made this thread a couple weeks back. I think the search feature is still down though. Look for it if you can. A lot of good info in it. I ship out april 30th fort benning 11b

Juruense

Banned
I went home after basic because I was in the Army National Guard. I did my AIT the following summer which hurt real bad after sitting back on the block for a year eating twinkies. Damn those first few days of PT and running back in AIT kicked my ass...

Sapperstang

Established Member
i picked 13b cannon crewmember, the basic and ait are at the same place ft sill. Both the training combined is only 15 weeks

That would be OSUT. You will get leave after AIT. As far as what to do and what not to do well it is usually common sense. I would say keep your mouth shut and do as your told.

The best advice I ever got was to be at the right place at the right time and in the right uniform. Oh and make sure you shave that first morning, don't ask how I know. If you want you can PM me. I got out about five years ago but my brother is active duty right now.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
The best advice I have is just play the game, do what your told, and do your best. DONT volunteer for anything. Dont get caught up in the bickering that WILL happen in your platoon. Its almost like a reality TV show.

Users who are viewing this thread