army guys come in

mustangkid05

Established Member
I'm thinking of enlisting pretty soon, because i am trying to do something different with my life instead of working at my dead end job. I'm not sure what i want to do in the army yet, so i was curious what do you guys do in the army? and how do you like the army overall? Any information is helpful
thanks guys

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Hmm army life...lol, its not to bad I guess. Its given me and my wife a decent life, if you can deal with deployment then the Armys a good answer for you. Im glad i joined and if I could do it again I would. Probably go Air Force just for the shorter deployments but either way im happy I joined the military. Either way best of luck to you man!

mustangkid05

Established Member
Hmm army life...lol, its not to bad I guess. Its given me and my wife a decent life, if you can deal with deployment then the Armys a good answer for you. Im glad i joined and if I could do it again I would. Probably go Air Force just for the shorter deployments but either way im happy I joined the military. Either way best of luck to you man!

thanks man, god bless you out there and stay safe

mustangkid05

Established Member
well im not sure what jobs are available to me yet because i didn't take the asvab yet, sometime this week i am. What jobs do you recomend? im not real smart but im not dumb lol, I would really like to become a tanker

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
r u serious a tanker? join up for a job that is applicable to the real world. find something that you can use and do that. im going thru the eod school right now because i used to be a scout and thats for the birds. and infantry thats just gay. think real hard about it because it is real hard to change your job once you get in.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
well im not sure what jobs are available to me yet because i didn't take the asvab yet, sometime this week i am. What jobs do you recomend? im not real smart but im not dumb lol, I would really like to become a tanker

19K huh? Yea we used to be a Armored Division but about 2 months after i got here we switched over into 1 Cavalry Division so they took all of our Armor, now all we have is humvee's and MRAPs. I work with alot of Tankers though (I got stuck in the TOC). They all say they miss and love their tanks, never heard anything bad from a tanker really. I mean im sure some hate it but its not that bad. If your looking to end up doing 20 and tryin to retire you might go with your 19K (Tanker), 11B/C (Infantry/Mortar), 19D (Scout), 13F (Fister ak FO ak Foward Observer). They all have real low cut off scores for promotions. When you start getting into like Commo and personnel it almost takes college credits to get your E6. Hope that helps alittle if you need any pay run downs im pretty good at those, i've done alot of research lol!

svt_nick69

Established Member
I cant stand people who say the infantry is gay. You just dont have the balls to get out there and be shot at. I went right down to my recruiter and told him, listen, sign me up and fly me over there cause I want some action. And damn well am getting some action. First im headed for my rifle badge. Then as far as my education is going. Im doing mechanics. Tank/helicopter repair.

+1 for finding a job that will help you for when you get out. Military is all about education to help you study something for when you get out of the military. Tanker would be cool but you deff want a good practice/education after your first year or two of being a tanker.

gi_jackii

Established Member
ive been in for 4 1/2 years and it aint bad, definately pays the bills. im a 68p radiology tech. so when im not working in the army, i moonlight at any little clinics that need help. extra money in the pocket...

NXSVTCOBRA

19K nuff said. I'm all for someone going combat arms initially for a few years, getting rank fast, then moving to a job that's relaxed and you can take it easy.

here's various photo's of my tank over in the sand box
014tt0.jpg

070wh5.jpg

175mq2.jpg

iraqifreedom138dg3.jpg

ff500

Established Member
I asked my wife about this, she was an army brat, my father inlaw had 30 years in the army, he had 2 tours in vietnam, Judge Advocate General's Corps, he retired as a full bird colonel he was passed over twice for General, retired as a jag attorney with the Army. He made a career out of it and seems to have a lot of money, my wife as a child has traveled throughout the Country and even went to high school in Belgium, wherever he was stationed the family went, she eventually graduated from Niagra University.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
I cant stand people who say the infantry is gay. You just dont have the balls to get out there and be shot at. I went right down to my recruiter and told him, listen, sign me up and fly me over there cause I want some action. And damn well am getting some action. First im headed for my rifle badge. Then as far as my education is going. Im doing mechanics. Tank/helicopter repair.

+1 for finding a job that will help you for when you get out. Military is all about education to help you study something for when you get out of the military. Tanker would be cool but you deff want a good practice/education after your first year or two of being a tanker.

lol calm down, might actually want to actually get through basic training before flying off the handle.

NXSVTCOBRA

I cant stand people who say the infantry is gay. You just dont have the balls to get out there and be shot at. I went right down to my recruiter and told him, listen, sign me up and fly me over there cause I want some action. And damn well am getting some action. .

your attitude will change once you're in. :lol1:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member

Your ignorance about the military is really showing here. First off you say he doesnt have the balls to go out and get shot at? He's a Cav Scout, im guessing you dont know what that is. You might do some research, they get shot at just as much as infantry and are just as hard so yea. And Rifle badge? WTF? I'm guessing your talking about a CIB? Or marksmanship badge? Either way, I doubt you know what it takes to get your CIB, you cant just go out and decide to get that one day. Like Sprayed_Pony said once you get in things will change, you might be all hooah hooah highspeed now, just wait! Good luck to you though....:thumbsup:

svt_nick69

Established Member
ha thanks. I hear ya. Im not real big with badges/info on them but I was told a combat badge was the badge that has the rifle on it? :shrug: thats what my recruiter says and he rocks the badge. I was also told in infantry you get to rock a blue ribbon around your armpit sleeve on your uniform. ( Like I said im not big with names/info ) its just what I hear from other sources. I do know what a calvery scout was. ( out around in vehicles and do more scope work before you dive right in, am I correct? ) My recruiter show'd me both vids as far as combat wise. I cant ****ing wait till I ship off. Im deff stoked to go. :rockon:

svt_nick69

Established Member
19K nuff said. I'm all for someone going combat arms initially for a few years, getting rank fast, then moving to a job that's relaxed and you can take it easy.

here's various photo's of my tank over in the sand box
014tt0.jpg

070wh5.jpg

175mq2.jpg

iraqifreedom138dg3.jpg

pony, in that 2nd pic. Is the weather really foggy like that? Looks like you cant even see 50 feet infront of you. neat shit

Users who are viewing this thread