Army Field Manuals

oldmodman

Established Member
Lots of good information. But are they dry and boring.

Years ago I read the GRU Russian manual on Fieldcraft. Now I know how to lose a tail, be a tail, do a brushpass, make a drop, and of course kill by 100 different silent methods.

And of course, most important of all. create anti-zombies with common household chemicals.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Rule number 1. Never put yourself in a situation where you have to rely on your IPhone Army Survival APP (which I have) to keep you alive.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Rule number 1. Never put yourself in a situation where you have to rely on your IPhone Army Survival APP (which I have) to keep you alive.

Rule #1, I'm #1....

Mach-ete - I was having that discussion with a co-worker last week. Troops are soon going to become reliant on smart phones, and I'm worried about when Skynet comes online, how are they going to read a god damn map? They won't know how!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
good stuff to know!! My buddies pick on me about the gear i have in my backpack while i am hunting or snowmobile riding but dammit i am always prepared for a survival situation.
<---SERE and CWEST graduate

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Sweet, I'm reading through the Sniper Training section now

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Rule #1, I'm #1....

Mach-ete - I was having that discussion with a co-worker last week. Troops are soon going to become reliant on smart phones, and I'm worried about when Skynet comes online, how are they going to read a god damn map? They won't know how!

I was screwing around with my I phone in the Caribbean, couldn't access the army survival guide, so I went to the bar and ordered another rum runner. Then I realized I was all alone in the world on a cruise ship with no survival guide, I was ****ed.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
I had a hell of a time trying to find this stuff when I was in the Army. Of course, now that I'm out, there's a whole dang website for it. Go figure.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Best thing about these FM's is that 20% of SVTP members can read and understand them because they are written at an eighth grade level. :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread