Arizona Guys, help me out!

tjs98gt

Established Member
Hey everyone, I move to Tempe, Arizona on May 1st and have some questions.

Can anyone tell me what to expect when it comes to passing vehicle inspections in Arizona? I will need to re-register my vehicle and have it inspected there. with a 2010 what will they check for? I have just bolt ons(test pipe, catback and intake). and either 20% tint all around.

Also, any suggestions for good insurance companies with reasonable rates? I currently pay under $200 a month for full coverage on my Evo X.

Azsnake

Established Member
They'll hook you up and check for codes, engine lights etc. If you have no engine codes you're good to go for emissions. No sniffers or checking for cats. Its a total joke and just a way to make $. Takes maybe 30 seconds tops.
No visual inspections as far as tint of bolt ons etc. Just go to the dmv and be prepared to wait a while. Seriously, a long time!
Insurance, it's going to probably be a bit more coin than Jersey. We are #1 for car theft and insurance knows that so they charge accordingly. Shop around for rates. They will all vary greatly depending on the zip you live in.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
They'll hook you up and check for codes, engine lights etc. If you have no engine codes you're good to go for emissions. No sniffers or checking for cats. Its a total joke and just a way to make $. Takes maybe 30 seconds tops.

Thats not a joke, thats awesomeness.

A joke is a state that has SMOG checks but doesnt give two shits if your bumpers are rotting off, if your fenders are zip-tied to your hood, if your hood or trunk are bungee-corded closed, if you have no windshield, etc. But if whats coming out the tailpipe is roses the car is deemed roadworthy for another 2 years!

Thats a joke. I pass cars daily that I literally speed up to get around just because it frightens me to be behind or close to them watching their wheels shudder/shimmy at freeway speeds because their control arms have lost all bushings and are barely bolted on.

Users who are viewing this thread