ARH's are on their way .. what else do i need ?

nitrojunk

Established Member
Anyone know where I can pick up a set of OEM Header Gaskets ? Also header bolts ? What's recommended ?

01yellercobra

Established Member
The headers should come with bolts. If you want to upgrade you can get a set of Stage 8 locking bolts. I'd use the stock hardware if possible.

Have you checked Tasca Parts? Sometimes you can find gaskets on Amazon and Summit. Otherwise there's Lethal Performance, CJ Pony Parts, or LMR.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Not to steal the thread but it pertains somewhat. Does any company make a locking header stud kit verses the bolts? I used the Stage 8 bolt kit before and a stud kit would work so much better!

I’ve searched and always come up with the Stage 8 bolt kit or the regular non-locking ARP header studs. Didn’t know if anyone knew of a small company that possibly makes them.

Thanks
Ken

96dreamer

Established Member
I would just get two packs of these to replace the stock hardware and trim as necessary. I've got a new set of ARH I'm waiting to put on as well and will be doing the same on. The stock studs work very well and rarely back out when installed correctly.

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
Just installed ARH 1 7/8” primary headers on my 01 in the car and from my experience there will be few places you can actually use/torque those locking bolts posted above. It is a very tight fit! I used OEM gaskets from MHS and the factory hardware in all locations except one. Do yourself a favor and confirm the weld does not creep over to close to the mounting hole. I had to remove one header after I noticed weld was inhibiting the hardware from contacting the flange. Couple of minutes with a dremel will save you some heart ache.

Users who are viewing this thread